Top 8 Best Gazebos For 2017 with detailed reviews
Which is the best Gazebo - We Investigate!
Below is the winner of our 'Top Pick Award', the All Seasons Premium Pop Up Gazebo which is the best Gazebo for most home owners. Easy to erect within a few minutes, fully water proof in even rain showers and outstanding build quality whilst still offering excellent value for money and includes 1 year warranty. It truly is a very impressive gazebo.
From celebrations to relaxations, gazebos are an awesome way to expand your outdoor living space. They are great for giving coverage over dining zones, outdoor grills and even hot tubs. It’s always a good idea for you to have the best gazebo with an end goal of providing the best place to you and your relatives or friends.
The gazebo itself is not even an issue, the issue is which one. And that means which one best suits your garden, occasion or even budget. As usual, we like to do the hard work so that you and the future generation will find it easy to choose gazebos that’ll satisfy your needs.
Be sure to read our full buyers guide after our detailed reviews to learn more about the different features available and how to decide which gazebo is suitable for your own needs.
Our Top 8 Gazebo Reviews
This list starts with our best pick then the rest follows in no particular order but read on to learn which models made it onto out list of the best gazebos.
All seasons Premium Pop Up Gazebo Review
**OUR BEST PICK**
- Fully waterproof canopy in heavy rain so you can enjoy outdoors what ever the weather.
- Comes with a care guide so you get the most out of your gazebo and will last many years to come.
- Can be used on most even surfaces.
- Measuring 10 x 10ft and featuring three height settings, there's plenty of pace for families to hang out.
- Erects in only a few minutes thanks to its easy pop-up design.
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty for full peace of mind.
The All Seasons Premium Pop Up Gazebo is the best Gazebo on our list and its easy to see why, it truly is an impressive gazebo. Featuring a heavy-duty construction simply far superior to most other cheaper gazebos, It actually comes with a one-year warranty for full peace of mind.
The gazebo measures and impressive 10 x 10ft along with three height settings with a 7ft clearance around the boundary at the highest setting, which is perfect for accommodating almost anyone.
Unlike some other gazebos which are limited to few surfaces, this one can be erected on various surfaces including grass, decking, sand and patios. This is possible with the provided rope, 4 tent weight bags and 4 tent pegs which allow the gazebo to be set up on almost any surface.
Erection of the gazebo is also quite simple and doesn't get much easier since it’s a pop up type that been be erected in only a few minutes.
Just spread the legs out, place the roof cover over the frame and raise the legs to your desired height. Even taking it outside to your desired location is quite easy as it comes with a premium carry bag which incorporates wheels.
What makes this such an impressive gazebo is that it is completely waterproof and 100% showerproof; even a hose above it cannot penetrate a single leak through the 260-gram/sqm, PVC coated polyester roof.
Its also rust resistance thanks to its powder coated frame which speaks a lot about the quality of the gazebo. The gazebo doesn’t even need wind bars, thanks to the frame featuring 24 built-in support struts inside the top cover and within the boundaries.
- The might be simple to erect but it needs at least two people to erect it quickly.
What's in the box
- 1 x frame.
- 1 x roof.
- 1 x carry bag with wheels.
- 4 x leg weight bags.
- 4 x pieces of guide rope.
- 8 x tent pegs.
- Care guide and instructions
Thoughts and Recommendation
The All Seasons Pop Up gazebo is a heavy duty gazebo which is very simple to erect and best of all, large enough to accommodate family and friends.
After reviewing all the Gazebos the one that stood out again and again was this model, super easy to errect, well designed and best of all its actually water proof meaning it will withstand showers unlike cheaper models which are water resistant which is simply not the same.
Simply put, we could not find a better pop up gaezbo which was as well made or as well designed as this premium model by All Seasons.
It a little on the weighty side but it is made to last and comes with a 1 year warranty for extra peace of mind. It also offers amazing value when you consider the cost when compared to other similar models.
Simply put, this won our 'Best Pick' award with every other popup model even coming close. If we would recommend just one gazebo, this would have to be it.
Outsunny 3mx3m Gazebo Review
BEAUTIFUL & VERY STUDY
- Removable beautiful mesh side walls.
- UV coating for protection against UV rays to ensure longevity.
- Protection against antioxidation and excellent water resistance performance thanks to its PA coated Polyester skin.
- Black powder coated steel frame.
- Elegant two tier ventilated canopy.
- To ensure stability includes 8 large pegs.
- Top cover contains 8 plastic leaking holes for water drainage.
- Reinforced corners to ensure long-term use for many years to come.
- Manufactured from removable and washable materials.
- Easy to assemble.
- Overall dimensions: 295 x 295 x 265cm
The Outsunny Gazebo comprises of 4 elegant white mesh side walls which provide exceptional ventilation when set up to provide shade from the sun. The good news is they can be removed easily if need be.
The canopy features a UV coating which is effective at blocking harmful UV, antioxidation and ensures water resistance from the odd unexpected shower or two. To help ensure teh best water resistance it also incorporates a strip on sewing place which makes this gazebo more water-resistant.
This is one of those gazebos that look stylish with a leaf decorative design and most people will likely fall in love with it. It’s one that sparks beauty at the centre of any garden.
It has a reinforced top plus it comes with 8 pegs that make the canopy extra stable. This gazebo withstands elements when erected so you’ll have less worry in windy conditions all though it should be protected from strong winds.
The top cover also features 8 plastic leaking holes that allow water drainage in rainy weather.
There are Velcro straps which play an important part during assembly and attachment to gazebo. The assembly process is relatively quick and easy and taking it down is no hassle.
The corners are also reinforced so they can stand many years of use on almost any surface.
The gazebo is also washable to ensure it can be kept clean and is easily washable.
- All though its easy to put together it doe take around 2-3 hours to build.
Thoughts and Recommendation
What we find most appealing about the Outsunny gazebo is the modern stylish design.
Like most good gazebos, it’s quick to assemble considering its not a popup model taking around 1 to 3 hours to build depending on how DIY savvy you are. If your fairly use savvy it can be errected within about and hour but most will probably be looking at around 2 hours to put together.
Its very good quality and is clearly very robust and water-resistant.
It’s somewhat smaller than you might expect, however it large enough for family gatherings, afternoon picnics, birthday parties and barbecues with a few people involved.
It is one of the most expensive gazebos in our review, however because of its quality we feel its worth every penny and offers excellent value for money.
A stunning gazebo which would make a great focal point in the garden and offer some shelter from the sun and showers.
Airwave 3 x 3m Pop Up Gazebo Review
BEST BUDGET PICK
- Very easy to build and can be erected within a minute.
- Water resistant for shelter against the odd light shower.
- Comes with carry bag for easy storage.
- Pegs and guy rope kit included for better stibility,
- Dimentions - 300 x 300 x 250cm
Yet another product from Airwave, this one is a great canopy for day out and party activities especially due to its open design.
This pop up gazebo erects in 60 seconds and comes along with instructions for assistance. Erecting might need 2 people people all though its much easier with 4, one at each corner but it’s incredibly fast.
There are pegs and adjustable guy ropes that allow you to firmly fix the canopy.
The package includes a carry bag which comes in handy when carrying and packing away the canopy as well as making it easy to store when not in use.
One thing we noticed about this gazebo is its delicate nature, which means it should not be left up unattended or overnight when harsh winds can cause significant damage.
You should also be keen on the ground where you erect this canopy. However, you’ll appreciate the 9 sq. mtr ground space of the gazebo which is enough for outdoor leisure activities.
- The frame of this gazebo is somewhat flimsy making it vulnerable to outdoor elements so should only be used in calm conditions. It’s also not waterproof enough or even showerproof, its suppose to be water resistant but this is certainly debatable.
Thoughts and Recommendation
This Airwave model is good as a sun shade, a party canopy or just relaxing outdoors.
It’s fast to erect taking literally around 1 minute and easy to take down and pack it away in its carry bag making it easy to store when not in use.
It’s one of the cheapest canopies in our review, however its simply does not compare to our 'Best Pick' All Seasons Gazebo in terms of quality and water resistance.
However when you consider this model is less than half the price of our best pick it excellent value for money which is why was named it 'Our Pick'.
If your looking for something more substantial that is made to last, perhaps a model that also offers shelter from the rain, then this model is not for you. We would advise paying the extra for our best pick model.
That being said this makes a great model to offer some shading from the sun and is perfect for the odd family get together and you want find a better model within the same price range.
If you don't mind a slightly smaller model then the Airwave 2.5m x 2.5m reviewed next is fully waterproof and not much more cost but is much better quality.
Airwave 2.5 x 2.5mtr Pop Up Waterproof Gazebo Review
BEST SMALL WATERPROOF GAZEBO
- Fully waterproof with seal taped seams.
- Canopy features Anti-Pudding Eyelets to avoid gathering water.
- Includes 4 side walls, two have windows, two with zipped doorways.
- Pop Up gazebo – quick and very easy to erect. (Set up in around 60 seconds.)
- Carry bag included for easy storage
- Steel frame construction for added strength and stability.
- Two windbars for extra protection against winds.
The Airwave 2.5 x 2.5 gazebo is a great canopy for daily use. You don’t require any tool when using this tent; you should be able to erect this pop up gazebo in literally 60 seconds. There are also user instructions that you can always take advantage of if need be.
The gazebo comes with four side panels of which two have full length zipper doorways and the other two features church style windows. The panels are ready to attach in your desired combination giving you the complete freedom of location.
The canopy is fully waterproof due to the seal taped seams and the tough construction featuring 190g PU coated soft touch polyester fabric. The canopy is also fitted with Anti-Pudding Eyelets which prevents damage that may result from weight of any excess water build-up. The bar is made of steel which is a great material for sturdiness and durability.
It comes with two windbars which provide greater stability against side wind impact. The box also contains 4 leg weight bags which can be filled with soil or sand to support the tent. If you are not comfortable with sand or soil, the bags can work with 2-litre drink bottles filled with water.
The gazebo comes with a carry bag which helps in transportation and storage. The manufacturer recommends that this product should be used as a temporary gear and proper care of the gazebo should be taken to avoid damage.
- Can be damaged by winds and shouldn’t be left out overnight, specially if a windy night is forecast.
Thoughts and Recommendation
The Airwave Gazebo is an awesome product for leisure and garden activities. It’s fast to erect, fully waterproof even in rain unlike some models we have seen.
At well under £100 it offers excellent value for money and is very good quality overall. Really impressive but at 2.5m x 2.5m you may need to check its big enough to meet your needs.
In truth its probably on par with our 'Best Pick' and is cheaper but it is slightly smaller.? We also noticed that this is one of the most popular gazebo on Amazon.co.uk with over 700 reviews. Very impressive
Gazebo Marquee Lorca Canopy Review
- Water repellant cover.
- Easy to assemble.
- Perfect for any garden and patio.
- Stable and sturdy metal struts for extra support.
- Ideal for garden parties and summer parties.
- Cover material: Polyester.
- Material structure: powder coated metal.
At 2.70m, the Lorca gazebo has a lot of headroom even for the tallest guys. It covers a ground surface of 3x3m which we find quite spacious for most garden activities including weddings, BBQ and parties. It’s recommended for use especially in summer due to the lack of protection against bad weather. Even so, the cover is water-repellant (not water proof) with the roof material being polyester.
The roof ventilation is something most of you will appreciate as this gazebo is designed to offer a quality shade for you and your friends under the hot summer sun. There are also disguised standing feet featuring powder coated metals for strength and stability. Along these lines, the tent is easy to assemble with assembly instructions provided by the manufacturer. All the parts are numbered except the screws so it’s quite simple to follow the process.
The design of this gazebo is admirable and there are beautiful details included in the construction. It’s the kind of outdoor gear you want as an addition to your garden or patio area. Its cream color is also one that blends incredibly well with most outdoor settings.
- This gazebo may be water-repellant but it’s not showerproof, which means the lightest shower will send you back in your house.
Thoughts and Recommendation
If you are looking for a good canopy for mild summer outdoor activities, this gazebo would be worth considering. Overall not a bad canopy and we really like the unique design
Fox Hunter Waterproof 3 x 6m Gazebo Review
BEST FOR LARGER PARTIES
- Fully waterproof for shelter no matter the weather.
- Can be erected on both soft and hard surfaces.
- 1 zippered Arabian style door.
- 1 roll-up door.
- All 6 sides included, 4 of them full size with 3 windows per panel.
- White powder coated steel tubes.
- 120g polyester with PVC coated cover for protection against the rain.
- Plenty of space for parties - Dimensions: 3 x 6m
With a ground coverage area of 18 sq. meters, the Fox Hunter Gazebo is ideal for most outdoor activities, including camping, wedding, BBQ, parties and many more. It features 1 roll-up door and 1 zippered Arabian style door along with 6 sides, with four of them full size and there are three windows on each panel of the four sides.
This gazebo can be erected on both soft and hard surfaces, offering that kind of versatility on whatever ground. The frame features white powder coated steel tubes with durable nylon connectors. It’s easy to erect following the numbered poles and the process needs about 6 people. It’s recommended to use sandbags or even sand buckets to tie the gazebo down properly.
One reminder is that you should be careful when handling this gazebo. The manufacturer says they won’t be responsible for buckled frames or snapped covers due to wrong assembling or assembling in the wind or rain. You also must not leave the gazebo up overnight as the manufacturer will not be liable for any damage caused overnight.
- This is one of those tents which doesn’t like windy conditions; the frames are likely to bend in windy conditions.
Thoughts and Recommendation
The Foxhunter waterproof gazebo is a great tent for most garden activities.
We like that It’s quite spacious giving you plenty of room and how easy it is to erect.
It also very affordable which is why its probably so popular on Amazon.co.uk with over 259 reviews.
Coleman Event Shelter Sunwall Review
BEST SHELTER UNDER £30
- Quick to attach walls create a wind and weather barrier.
- Fire retardant and UV guard.
- Great addition to the wide range of Coleman event shelters.
- Zipper door opening.
- 2 PVC windows with window covers.
- Sunwall door 12x2.
- Fabric: Polyester, 450mm PU Aluminum Coat Canopy.
This quick to attach gear to the Coleman event shelter creates a wall which protects against weather and provides privacy to the people within. The shelter is made of polyester material and the canopy features 450mm PU aluminum coating. Coleman designed this shelter to be fire retardant and offer UV guard to ensure its inhabitants are safe from external elements.
The shelter is easy to assemble and doesn’t need any tools at all. It’s a matter of clipping on the cover to the frame. It features 2 PVC windows with window covers and a zipper door opening which sometimes you can opt to work without, especially in hot weather. Ideally, this shelter is an additional accessory to other event shelters sold by Coleman.
It can also be used on the beach to keep out sand and wind. The good thing is you can move the shelter around depending on the direction of the wind. It has a good height and space and it can be used alongside a family tent for cooking or even eating.
- One problem with this tent is that it’s not fully waterproof, so it can be unreliable in wet weather. The hooks at the bottom corners tend to part from the wall under stress making it act as a sail in high winds.
Thoughts and Recommendation
This shelter is perfect as an extra accessory to your other outdoor tent. It’s quite delicate and should mostly be used in good weather only.
Its very cheap compared to most canopies so is a great edition without spending the earth. Overall its a great sun shelter and great for putting up for children to play in on a hot summers day.
Miadomodo Garden Pavilion Canopy Marquee Review
- ?A real show stopper and talking point.
- Solid metal powered coated frame.
- Roof material: Polyester with PA coating.
- Arched double ventilated roof with a nostalgic appearance.
- Easy to set up and fix to floor with pegs or screws.
- Comes with instruction manual.
- 100% Polyester textile material.
- Offers protection against the rain.
The Miadomodo garden pavilion is attractive in any garden and in the meantime it provides plenty of shade. The box comes with an instruction manual to enhance the easy assembly of this gazebo.
The pavilion is easily set up by fixing it with ground nails or screws, a job that requires 2 people.
The roof features an arched design with a nostalgic look and it’s made out of polyester with a PA coating. The coating is known for its long durability so you can be sure you’re investing in a reliable canopy.
Miadomodo constructed this gazebo out of 100% polyester material. Polyester is very durable, fast drying, wrinkle resistant, and resistant to stretching and shrinking and abrasion-resistant. The lacquered steel frame also supports the tent well and it’s long lasting.
The gazebo is suitable for mild summer evenings with family and garden parties. You’ll have to choose between brown and beige colors which we think are both calm colours for evening activities.
- No problems to report, a little expensive but worth the cost for such as good quality gazebo.
Thoughts and Recommendation
The colours are great, assembly is simple and durability is top notch. Yet, even with the weights on the legs, this gazebo might still be vulnerable to damage in high winds. We recommend it for mild weather use only, whether it’s a family relaxing outdoors or having a party.
Gazebo Buyers Guide
You are here because you are hoping to add a new gazebo to the layout of your patio but you don’t know where to begin. Figuring out what styles, sizes and materials you want are all critical in choosing what kind of gazebo is ideal for you. Here’s the guide that’ll give you a superior comprehension of what you’re searching for when choosing the perfect model for you:
What do you need the gazebo for?
This is a critical question and it’s very important in determining what you’ll settle for. This question will also help you figure out where you’ll locate the gazebo. One of the following might be your answer:
- Some people buy gazebos to increase the value of their homes.
- Perhaps you simply need some place outside to chill and unwind.
- May be you have a wedding or reception planned.
- Or, you have guests over to entertain and thought a gazebo will be awesome for dinner or drinks.
- If you telecommute, you’ve imagined of the breeze and the birds tweeting as you sit at your work area and work away.
- You want to use the gazebo as your private workout space.
- If you have children, a gazebo can be awesome and putting it in a way that you can see it from your windows inside will give you a sense of security.
Where do you plan on having it
Without a doubt, you know you are going to erect it on a level surface. In any case, there are many alternatives to approach this:
- Do you want to erect it on an lawn, existing patio, a solid pad, pavers, or even a wooden deck or pool?
- Contingent upon the kind of rooftop you want, whether closed or more open, would you lean toward your gazebo to be in a sunny region or in the shade by the trees?
- Know exactly where you want to put your gazebo and consider what activities you might give up in your lawn. In the event that you have children, then perhaps place it at the edge of the yard so despite everything they’ll have space to play.
- Perhaps you would favor it ideal off the deck, or need it to be the point of convergence of your yard by putting in a focal range.
Know the Gazebo Features
- Size – gazebos run in different sizes, from 7 sq. ft to rectangles and ovals more than 20 ft long. On the chance that you want covering for a little, loveseat or intimate bench, a 7 sq. ft can be sufficient. If you need something sufficiently enough to handle a dinner party swarm, you’ll definitely need something bigger. You also need to confirm that the size you want can fit easily within what remains of your lawn landscaping.
- Shape – gazebos customarily have an octagonal shape, so in case you have a more traditionally styled and arranged home, you may opt to go with the 8-sided gazebo. On the hand, if you own a modern house, you may go for the more contemporary, angular look that’s found with a square or rectangular gazebo. There are likewise round and oval shapes which can blend more effectively with a bending walkway or flowing garden arranging.
- Materials –the option of portable gazebos is the most reliable these days with most of them being made from polyester material. They are stand-alone gazebos that need a bit of assembly to erect and need to fold down after use. Polyethene is a great choice for canopy tents that are taken and erected for shorter periods because of its lightweight and portability. You should ensure that any cover material used near a fire is fire-retardant.
- Roof – some roof features such as waterproofness add to the overall quality of a roof. Some models even come with roofs that protect against UV. Ideally, the better the roof is equipped, the safer you’ll stay underneath. Polyester is the most popular top material used because it’s affordable, resistant to water and durable.
- Frame material – the frames usually come in steel or aluminum. Steel frames reduce increased amounts of rust that can cause slow damage. Aluminum frames are lightweight and perfect for portability. Aluminum is easy to flex and may not stand as tough in windy conditions.
- Portability and assembly – the best pop-up gazebo tents with simple features are the easiest to erect and take down. Make sure to check if the canopy can fit into your vehicle. Buying carry bags can help especially when travelling with a huge canopy tent.
- Lightweight vs Heavy-Duty Canopies – lightweight canopies are perfect for short-term use, a day or two, while heavy-duty canopies are ideal for long periods of time and can withstand elements within their time of use. Lightweight canopies can be assembled and taken down by two to three adults and fits easily into the trunks of most vehicles. Heavy-duty canopies are usually expensive but then they last longer than lightweight canopies.
Our Final Conclusion & Top 3 Favourites
Gazebos are a wonderful solution for many outdoor activities to protect your friends, furniture and other possessions from the elements.
They come in all sorts of sizes, styles and shapes and your ideal gazebo depends on why you need the gazebo and where you want to put it.
Our Best Pick
The All Seasons Gazebo emerged as the best gazebo from our reviews and it’s also perhaps the best pop up gazebo.
The included carry bag with wheels beat most of the other carry bags while some gazebos don’t even have a carry bag. It comes with an incredible 8x tent pegs, 4x leg weight bags and 4x guide ropes all meant to offer maximum strength and support.
Its heavy duty, both waterproof and showerproof and so far it’s the only gazebo with a decent warranty.
Not to forget, all these exceptional features come at a decent price, even cheaper than some other models in this review.
Best Gazebo for family activities
Considering the sensitive nature of children, we think the Outsunny 3mx3m Gazebo Marquee Party Tent is ideal for activities such as family birthday parties, family gatherings and afternoon picnics.
It’s designed to protect against UV, removable and washable and it’s quite stable thanks to the 8x tent pegs provided. The reinforced corners also ensure this gazebo can last for some years.
Best Party Canopy
Parties need space and on that note we have to pave way for the Fox Hunter Waterproof 3mx6m PE Gazebo Marquee Awning Party Tent Canopy.
The reason is obvious; 18 sq. metres of ground space for hopping around. It can be erected on both hard and soft surfaces ensuring no limitation to wherever you want to host your party. It comes with all sides 6 included and 4 of them have 3 church style windows on each panel. And this baby is completely waterproof so come rain come sunshine, the party will be on all day long.
Now you have a good idea of what to look for when you want to buy a gazebo. We hope you’ve learned from our top 8 gazebo reviews for you to make informed decisions when shopping. Share with us your success stories in the comments section below.