Last updated on September 24th, 2021
Our site is reader supported, this means we may earn a small commission from Amazon and other affiliates when you buy through links on our site.
Whilst most people tend to think that expensive models are usually the best, there can always be a few special budget items that are worth the attention. In this article, we present the best pressure washers under £100 at the time of writing this review.
Most of them are relatively powerful, with bar pressures ranging from 90 to 110. Most of these pressure washers will be suitable for basic tasks such as cleaning cars, washing off bicycles and cleaning down garden furniture.
However, if you want a machine for large areas of paving, driveways, large patios, guttering, stonework and exterior paintwork, then you will probably find your ideal pressure washer in the Karcher K5 Full Control Pressure Washers we also reviewed here.
Below is a quick overview of our ‘Best Pick’ the Nilfisk C 110 bar Pressure Washer with Patio Cleaner which we think is probably the best choice for the majority of people as it is perfect for all cleaning tasks, comes with everything you need.
The top 4 pressure washers under £100 that we highly recommend after comparing 15 different models
- Nilfisk C 110bar Pressure Washer with Patio Cleaner – BEST PICK
- Bosch EasyAquatak 110 High Pressure Washer
- Makita HW101 Compact Pressure Washer
- WHALE W90-M 140bar 1800w High Pressure Washer – BEST AFFORDABLE PICK
Pressure Washer Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a pressure washer
We briefly highlight the things to consider when shopping for the best pressure washer under £100.
- Power output – budget pressure washers mostly range from 1100W to 1400W when it comes to power factor. This is enough to facilitate simple cleaning jobs around your home and garden. Mid-range models deliver around 1800 – 2000 watts of power whilst premium (and especially petrol pressure washers) can go up to 2800 watts. Power is directly related to two other important factors; bar pressure and flow rate.
- Maximum bar pressure – this is a measure of the energy with which the water coming out of the pressure washer hits the surface that is being cleaned. Basically, the higher the number, the more powerful the pressure washer. A pressure washer with a rating of 110 bar will do a good job at cleaning bikes and cars but you will need about 150 bar to clear stubborn dirt off weathered pathways.
- Flow rate – usually symbolized in l/h, it refers to the amount of water a pressure washer produces in litres per hour or sometimes litres per minute. As such, a higher flow rate will ensure covering of areas much faster than a low flow rate. The typical flow rate of a budget pressure washer is 360 l/h though some models might offer slightly more than that.
- Motor type – the choice is between air-cooled and water-cooled motors. Both have their pros and cons and the choice comes down to personal preference and cost. For instance, one advantage of an air-cooled motor is that it has high heat tolerance. This means it can perform in extreme temperatures, whether in cold winter months or very hot summer months. However, air-cooled motors are known to be noisy and can be annoying to some. On the other hand, water-cooled motors have a constant working temperature and rely on water to keep the temperature at optimum level. They may have better tolerance in the long-term and they are environmentally friendly. Water-cooled pressure washers might be expensive because of the mechanics involved in designing the motors.
- Detergent application – a detergent bottle attachment is something you will not miss on the best cheapest pressure washer. Ideally, the bottle is there for you to fill with your detergent but what you need to find out is how the bottle works. Some detergent bottles might have complicated application procedures while others can be a breeze. Most models that don’t have a detergent bottle usually have a suction tube to insert into a bottle of detergent. These can be a little annoying if you have to move your pressure washer around often as you also have to remove the detergent bottle and it can also get knocked over.
- Supplied hose – every pressure washer comes with a high-pressure hose. As much as you want to pay attention to hose length, most pressure washers under £100 come with 4m hoses. Some can be 5 or 6 metres long which is better for cleaning larger cars as well as drives as it means you don’t need to move the pressure washer around as often as you clean.
- Nozzles – pay attention to the nozzle design. Some pressure washers are designed with 3-in-1 nozzles, allowing users to adjust the spray pattern in three different settings. In other cases, manufacturers may offer interchangeable nozzles of which it’s up to you fix the one that applies best to a given task. You may also come across nozzles with single spray setting. Choose nozzles that suit your day to day cleaning tasks at home.
- Warranty – one defining characteristic of the best value pressure washer is warranty. It can be 1 year, 2 years or even more. Bosch models, for instance, enjoy a standard 2-year warranty, which can always be extended to 3 years if you register your model on their site. Note that an extended warranty does not necessarily mean that the product will last longer. Look at it as an after-sale service offered by the manufacturer and that the manufacturer will take responsibility should you have any problems during the warranty period. Karcher and Bosch both have an excellent customer service record and good warranties.
Pressure washer safety tips
Pressure washers are great but they must be handled with care and looked after correctly to ensure prolonged use. At the very least, make sure to:
- Read the manufacturer’s manual.
- Never point the spray lance toward yourself, nearby people or pets. The high pressure of water can tear through skin.
- Avoid using the pressure washer whilst standing on a ladder. The trigger action might cause recoil and throw you off balance.
- Not to get too close to whatever you’re cleaning because the high pressure might damage the surface and remove paint.
- Take care when rinsing your car, specially where paint might have already started to come away.
- Wear long pants, googles, sturdy footwear and take care on wet slippery surfaces.
My Top 4 Pressure Washers Under £100
1. Nilfisk C 110 bar Pressure Washer with Patio Cleaner
The Nilfisk C 110 bar Pressure Washer (which includes a patio cleaner attachment) has already found its way into many homes and is a very popular model. So what makes it so popular? It’s supplied with a spray lance that has an integrated low-pressure nozzle for removing dirt. Additionally, it includes Click and Clean Tornado and Powerspeed nozzle that helps adjust the spray to suit given applications. The Tornado nozzle is precisely intended for general cleaning and rinsing down bikes, furniture etc, whilst the Powerspeed nozzle is perfect for cleaning tough stains and dirt on patio areas and paths.
Other accessories that come with this model include a 5m hose and detergent bottle which is a great alternative to models that use a suction tube. One thing we like with the detergent bottle is that it uses any detergent from general cleaner to snow foam which is great for cars, plus it is easy to use. The 5m hose combined with a 5m electric cable ensures that you will enjoy cleaning larger areas without frequently moving the machine. The Nilfisk C 110 is also designed to provide onboard storage for all its accessories which help keep everything together so you know where everything is.
The Nilfisk C 110 incorporates a lightweight metal air-cooled motor that generates 1400 watts of power needed for excellent performance. The pump is actually made from aluminium, which is known to be a very light material. It features an auto-stop function that is useful when using the spray handle for optimum control and safety. The motor additionally has a thermal sensor cut out that helps protect the motor from overheating.
Perhaps something that makes for convenient use of this machine is its quick and swivel coupling system. This is what makes it easy to connect the spray handle and the hose. They both click into place whilst an anti-twist swivel function allows quick and simple handling of the hose without any issues. To disconnect the hose, simply press a release button and it will come off. A trigger lock on the spray handle also ensures extra safety when using it.
With a flow rate of 440 l/h, the Nilfisk C 110 can cover relatively large areas within the shortest time possible. Lastly, it’s fitted with fully movable wheels for unlimited mobility.
- Very well priced and easy to use.
- Supplied with handy accessories to start cleaning upon arrival.
- Hose length is fairly long, which ensures working on large areas with minimal movement.
- Easy to connect/disconnect the spray handle and hose due to Nilfisk’s quick and swivel coupling system.
- Comes with a robust yet lightweight pump that delivers long lasting performance.
- Provides onboard storage for all accessories.
- The exterior build seems a little flimsy, especially the plastic parts, but they do seem adequate so not a deal breaker.
The design is great and the machine will do an excellent job overall. It fits together so well and packs away nicely due to its compact design plus onboard storage. We really like the 5m hose (which is 1 meter longer than that the Karcher k2 comes with) and this combined with the 440 l/h flow rate allows you to cover large areas efficiently. These are two aspects that are most common in the expensive models, yet this is where the Nilfisk C 110 pressure washer pays major dividends.
However, there are a few durability concerns about the plastic build of this unit. This shouldn’t stop you from purchasing this model because we believe you can enjoy long term service with proper handling and maintaining your pressure washer. This is a great option for those who are looking for a model that uses a detergent bottle rather than a suction tube which can be a little awkward.
Compare prices from available retailers
2. Bosch EasyAquatak 110 High Pressure Washer
The Bosch EasyAquatak 110 High-Pressure Washer stands out from the crowd due to its extremely compact and ergonomic design. You can carry this little machine with one hand to wherever you want to work around your home. It has a broad base that ensures stability on the ground whilst its green and black look perfectly blends into any garden.
The machine comes complete with the following; high-pressure gun, lance, 3-m high-pressure hose, variable fan jet nozzle, rotary nozzle, high-pressure detergent nozzle, 450ml and water filter. Bosch designed the unit ready to use on arrival so there’s no complicated assembly required. It’s just a matter of push and fit every accessory into place and start cleaning right away. Onboard storage is also available for the cable, hose and high-pressure gun.
When it comes to performance, the EasyAquatak relies on a 1300W motor to generate 110 bar pressure with a 330 l/h flow rate for efficient cleaning performance. The trigger gun features an auto start-stop function for safety reasons and so is the in-use gun storage located on one side of the unit.
- Compact and portable design for easy transportation to and from store and between jobs.
- Has a broad base for maximum stability and storage of accessories.
- Ready to use out of the box due to simple push fit connections.
- Includes nozzles that can vary cleaning power depending on the task at hand.
- Comes with a water filter to prevent debris from entering the pump, thus ensuring great condition of the pump.
- The how is a little smaller than most at 3 meters.
This is a light and compact machine that makes a great choice for car washing and light outdoor cleaning jobs. With no assembly required, the Bosch EasyAquatak 110 High-Pressure Washer is just the right machine for DIY enthusiasts.
You get all the accessories you need to do the job plus Bosch’s 2-year warranty for peace of mind. In-use gun storage and the auto start/stop functions will also ensure maximum safety at work. A little noisy and the hose length is on the smaller size at 3 meters, however, the EasyAquatak 110 pressure washer is still a great model overall.
Compare prices from available retailers
3. Makita HW101 Compact Pressure Washer
With a maximum of 100 bar pressure combined with a 360 l/h flow rate, the Makita HW101 Compact Pressure Washer is an ideal entry-level pressure washer for those who have come to love the Makita brand as we have. It is suitable for light jobs such as cleaning bikes, cars and garden furniture but not advised for more demanding jobs.
Accompanying the pressure washer include; 3m hose, 1 adjustable spray nozzle, 1 detergent bottle, 1 hose connector, and 1 trigger gun. The adjustable nozzle will allow you to flex it as you wish in order to suit your cleaning needs. The nozzle is additionally easy to work and you’ll get the hang of it in no time. Note that the nozzle is permanently fixed and doesn’t need to be removed which keeps it simple, one nozzle, all cleaning tasks.
We all know that cleaning with plain water is never sufficient and that’s why Makita supply a detergent bottle like that on the Bosch and Nilfisk models. But, it is the adjustable characteristic of the detergent bottle that makes it really useful. You can adjust how much cleaning solution is added to the water so that you only use the amount you need for the job at hand.
Powering the Makita HW101 is a 1300W universal electric motor. It features stainless pistons plus an aluminium pump head for increased dependability and improved lifespan. Fitted to the pressure washer are a few holders for storing the gun, lance and hose. The unit tucks away nicely into a corner and out of the way.
- Compact and lightweight for you to carry around with little effort.
- Has an adjustable nozzle, which allows for precise cleaning.
- Supplied with a flexible detergent bottle, allowing for practical use of cleaning solution.
- The hose is a little short at 3 meters.
The Makita HW101 Compact Pressure Washer makes light cleaning a breeze and stores away nicely. It suits anyone that requires the use of the pressure washer less often.
Noise is probably the only problem with this unit as it’s fairly loud and the hose length is a little short at 3 meters, especially compared to the Nilfisk even longer 5-meter hose. However, most people can compromise on the issue for its good performance and trusted brand. Overall, it’s a nice little machine.
Compare prices from available retailers
4. WHALE W90-M 140Bar 1800W High Pressure Washer
The WHALE W90-M 140Bar 1800W High-Pressure Washer is a cheap machine with qualities that suggest otherwise. To begin with, it’s powered by a universal air-cooled 1800W motor that generates 140 bar pressure with a good flow rate for optimal cleaning results without wasting water. The performance you’ll get from this model is only comparable to mid-range and some premium pressure washers that you may find here ‘Top 7 Pressure Washers.‘. Even the supplied hose at 6 metres long, is far greater than those accompanying most models under £100.
The pressure washer arrives ready to use with all essential accessories including a gun, onboard detergent bottle, two-way connector and no assembly is needed. Fitted to the gun is a 3-in-1 nozzle that adjusts nicely when twisted in order to change spray patterns from powerful jet to wide spray.
There’s a pre-installed filter that will do a great job of keeping out any debris that may enter the pump and damage it. In addition, an auto-stop button on the trigger gun ensures that you only spray when you need to, hence no wasting water.
This unit also gets high marks for its compact design. With an onboard gun-shelve, hose holder and detergent bottle holder, the unit can store away nicely without taking up too much space. It’s also fitted with movable wheels plus an ergonomic handle to make it easy to push the unit to wherever the job demands.
A 1-year warranty sums up the goodies of this pressure washer and we believe that WHALE W90-M is a huge bargain and the best value pressure washer on the market but this is compromised for a shorter warranty.
- Equipped with a powerful 1800W pump for efficient cleaning performance.
- Delivers immense bar pressure, 140 max, which is far much better than any other model in the same price range.
- Easy to use and no assembly is required.
- Lightweight and fully movable with wheels for limitless operation.
- Supplied with adjustable 3-in-1 nozzle and adjustable detergent bottle.
- Provides nice on-board storage for supplied accessories.
- Comes with a relatively long hose for easy covering of large areas.
- Has stability issues due to being a little top heavy. The machine can easily topple if not placed on level ground and care must be taken when pulling the hose to not to knock it over.
The WHALE W90-M 140Bar 1800W High-Pressure Washer is a unit that many will be happy to purchase because of its promising features. It is powerful and efficient on the job.
The adjustable nozzle is a great feature for shifting spray patterns depending on what you want to achieve. When it comes to cleaning paths, cars, bikes and garden furniture, you can never go wrong with this pressure washer. The only real downside compared to the more well-known brands is the shorter warranty period.
Compare prices from available retailers
As you have seen, you don’t have to spend a fortune for a decent pressure washer. Furthermore, it doesn’t make sense to purchase a high-end model when you only need to perform basic cleaning tasks at home and have a small garden. You realise that even the budget models above have varying bar pressures, flow rates, power ratings and come with different accessories and hose lengths.
Truth be told, it’s hard to find a pressure washer under £100 that ticks all the boxes. In our opinion, the best pressure washer under £100 should have a decent power rating, 1400W, about 110 bar, and a 360 l/h flow rate or more, alongside a good supply of accessories. We hope we’ve narrowed down the criteria and made your job easier than before.
- Powerful, Lightweight Pressure Washer: This 110 bar max pressure washer handles mildly dirty surfaces up to 25 m2 per hour. Rated power is 1.4 kW
- Compact, Manouverable Size: Included trolley wheels make this portable and easy to stow and store in your house or garage
- Ideal for Many Home Cleaning Purposes: Use on auto and car, patio, grills, outdoor furniture and a variety of surfaces such as wood decking, tile, stone, metal and more
- Multiple Nozzle Choices: Includes two nozzles for any wash job. Choose from the Tornado or Powerspeed (high impact) nozzles. Also features a 5m high-pressure hose for stubborn areas
- Premium Quality: Features aluminum pump, lance and spray gun with storage and quick connection, automatic start/stop, cable storage, foam sprayer and pressure regulation in nozzle
Our website supports our amazing readers with countless hours of research and testing to help you find the best product so you don’t regret making a purchase. You support us through our independently chosen links, which earn us a small commission and cost you nothing but helps support our research.
Last update on 2022-03-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API