Our site is reader supported, this means we may earn a small commission when you buy through links on our site.
The Best Cantilever Parasol & Top 6 Models & Detailed Reviews
Last Updated on
Choosing The Best Garden Parasol & Buyers Guide
Sometimes you just need to get out of the heat and brightness of our all-too-short summer. Don’t head indoors where it’s dark and gloomy, just open up the cantilever parasol on your patio and enjoy the shade and being outdoors. A cantilever parasol tilts to block out the sun and you can move the canopy when the sun moves. Plus its “banana” design places the stand out of your way to the side of the canopy.
To help your enjoyment of our great summer sun, we’ve carefully reviewed the best cantilever parasols and have decided on our Best Pick and our Runner-up. You’ll learn what’s important in selecting a cantilevered parasol and which of these features each model has, and we discuss this in detail.
It was a close call between the Jarder Libra 3m Cantilever Parasol Set in the first place and the VonHaus 3m Parasol Set in second place. All the cantilevered parasols reviewed are worthy choices; your decision may come down to the size of the canopy, its colour and its shape, as well as budget of course.
You can tell that the Rhodos Twist 3m Cantilever Parasol is a premium product when you look at its build and price. It is not a cheap model if you compare it to the basic parasols available from the likes of Amazon and eBay. This product also offers a large coverage without compromising the quality of the materials used to make it.
The aluminium frame paired with the dense 200g/m² polyester parasol will offer protection from the sun and rain for years to come. It can be rotated and tilted to your satisfaction making sure you are covered regardless of the position of the sun. For those who enjoy purchasing premium products that are designed to last, this model will not be a waste of your money and is well worth considering.
6 Best cantilever parasols which we review are listed below:
- Jarder Libra 3m Cantilever Parasol Set – BEST PICK
- Rhodos Twist 3m Cantilever Parasol – RUNNER-UP
- VonHaus 3m Parasol Set
- TecTake Aluminium Garden Cantilever Parasol
- Outsunny 3 m Garden Patio Parasol Sun Shade
- Norfolk Leisure 2m Square Wall Mounted Cantilever Parasol
They say the choice is the spice of life and that is what is presented to you. The parasols below represent some of the most notable brands. Feel free to select the best parasol for your property.
Consult with your partner/friend just in case you get a little confused but the 5 models you are about to see have been picked from over 30 models we originally considered and put hours of research into.
Best Garden Parasol Reviews
1. Jarder Libra 3m Cantilever Parasol Set
The Jarder Libra Cantilever Parasol Set provides shelter from the sun while adding style to your patio or garden. Its neutral appearance will fit in with any outdoor décor or planting scheme. And, best of all, it shouldn’t stretch your budget.
Starting with the one-metre square, 8 kg base, the Jarder Libra provides a secure parasol. You can fill the four-section base with water which gives it a weight of 62 kg or with sand for a weight of 80 kg. If you opt for the more sturdy sand option, bear in mind that you’ll probably have to empty the base before moving the parasol and it’s easier to empty out the water. The base has a retractable handle that preserves its sleek appearance.
The stand of the Jarder Libra is next. It’s made of steel and, as this is a cantilevered parasol, is out of the way to the side of the canopy. The black stand looks quite striking and will make a design statement in your garden. On the stand is the crank handle for putting the canopy up, for securing it, for tilting it and for closing it. This is the cantilevered part of the parasol.
Moving up to the Jarder Libra’s canopy, its grey colour pairs well with the black stand. The eight-sided canopy is three metres in diameter and is made of a robust 180 gms/m2 polyester. This material resists sun and rain and also stays quite true to its colour over time. The parasol set comes with a waterproof cover to protect the canopy when it’s not in use and is closed.
All these features and the solidity of the construction with Jarder’s usual premium, high-quality materials are why we’ve selected the Jarder Libra Cantilever Parasol Set as our Best Pick cantilevered parasol.
- Easy to set up and move around your garden from the patio to the lawn (pool).
- Suspended from a steel frame so there’s no central pole to get in your way.
- Adjustable height so you can raise and lower the distance the umbrella is above you.
- Adjustable cantilever tilt angle to give you shade wherever the sun is.
- Three-metre diameter 180g/m2 polyester umbrella gives you a large shaded area and a long-lasting umbrella canopy.
- Retractable carry handle in the four-piece base to preserve the sleek lines.
- Comes with a water-resistant cover to protect the umbrella when not in use, even on rainy or frosty days (not to mention from pigeon droppings).
- Choice of filling the base with water (weighs 62 kg), or sand (80 kg) for a very sturdy base.
- The neutral mid-grey colour goes with any patio décor or garden flowers.
- The crank handle turns easily to raise the parasol.
- Clear assembly instructions for the one or two people putting it together.
- Three-year warranty for peace of mind.
- Rotates and sways even in a slight wind and needs to be repositioned.
- The large base takes up valuable patio space as well as storage space in the garage.
Thoughts and recommendations
The Jarder Libra Cantilever Parasol Set is not quite the largest cantilevered parasol in this review, but it certainly produces quality protection from the sun at an affordable price. However, as with any large cantilevered parasol, the base takes up quite a bit of space. This may be an issue if you have a small rear garden or many trees and tall plants around your seating area. While the manufacturer recommends that the Jarder Libra is not used in heavy winds and rainstorms, reviewers report that the parasol moves and spins in even light winds but this seems to be the case with most models if not all because of there design.
If you’re looking for a well-made, premium cantilevered parasol with all the bells and whistle, this one is for you. The Jarder Libra Cantilever Parasol Set is certainly our Best Pick
2. Rhodos Twist 3m Cantilever Parasol
Are you looking for a large square cantilever? one that is more if a premium parasol, we highly recommend considering the Rhodos Twist 3m Cantilever Parasol. The model consists of an aluminium frame with a polyester parasol to shade you from the sun or rain. The aluminium frame has a powder-coated finish to protect the structure from the typical rainy English weather that causes corrosion. Aluminium is a convenient material to use because it is strong, yet lightweight and thus you won’t have trouble moving the structure around and more importantly for a quality product is also doesn’t rust.
The parasol created from polyester is durable and thick enough to withstand outdoor elements. This 200g/m² polyester parasol is weather/rot-resistant and has a UV protection rating of 50+ so offers plenty of shade. You can count on the parasol to maintain its appearance and not fade away like some cheap models in the market which is another plus. The parasol comes with an air vent to promote good ventilation, especially on hot days.
To open the parasol you use the crank shaft installed and because the structure is well made, you won’t face any issues anytime you need to open the parasol. This model can rotate 360 degrees to shade you from the sun/rain depending on where you are seated. The cantilever parasol can tilt laterally to a 45° angle to offer you more protection depending on the position of the sun.
The strut joint cantilever parasol comes with a base that needs to be weighted to provide stability. Its four base slabs need at least 25kgs of weight each to provide the right amount of stability to keep the model stable at all times. The weights are not provided and so you will have to improvise or but them separately. It needs some assembly before use, but that is a simple task thanks to the instructions provided. There is also a video on Youtube if you do a quick search to help.
- Super high quality premium parasol.
- Available in a range of colours to select from.
- Features a powder-coated aluminium frame for stability.
- Comes with a dense 100% polyester parasol that is weather resistant.
- It is easy to assemble and keep clean.
- Offers a 360-degree swivel joint for optimum coverage.
- Features a crank lift opening mechanism for fluid operation.
- It comes with a wide base that needs to be weighted for stability.
- Provides a zipped cover to protect the parasol when it is not in use.
- It needs a large amount of weight at the base to keep the structure stable as you would expect, especially for those living in windy areas.
Thoughts and recommendations
There is not much to say about the Rhodos Twist 3m Square Cantilever Parasol other than it is a great piece of equipment and exceptionally well made which is why it’s so expensive. It comes with all the possible features you need to make your time under the sun/rain enjoyable. It is made of strong materials meaning you can rest easy for many years.
We love the fact that it can be tilted and rotated to the user’s comfort without much effort. Additionally, we appreciate that it comes with a zipped cover to protect the parasol from the elements while in storage. Overall, we would recommend this model for professional or domestic environments because of its durability and versatility. There are not many other models that even come close to the quality and workmanship of this model. If you have the budget it’s well worth considering.
3. VonHaus 3m Parasol Set
The VonHaus Parasol offers many of the same features as the Jarder Libra, and it comes in as a close Runner-up in our review of cantilevered parasols. This is another affordable, neutral-coloured parasol that will provide all the shade that you need.
The VonHaus is a stylish cantilevered parasol. The ivory canopy is offset by the medium grey stand and base. The stand is powder-coated for durability but it also gives it an elegant finish. The six sides of the canopy have a large expanse of fabric in each segment, lending to its minimal look. You fill the four-section base either with water or sand to give the needed stability to the parasol.
The VonHaus parasol set has a crank handle to raise the canopy, and it’s easy to use. The canopy itself is three-metres in diameter and this covers an eight-seater dining table and the chairs that go with. You can now have large dining gatherings outside in the sunshine and stay cool and comfortable.
Another welcome feature of the VonHaus parasol will appeal to those who don’t want to tan. The canopy is rated with a sunscreen factor of SPF 30+ to keep the UV rays out of the shaded space. This parasol set also comes with a storm cover that you can put over the closed parasol to keep it clean. The storm cover has a PVC lining that protects from rain, snow, hail, sun and UV rays.
- Powder-coated steel frame for durability and style.
- Light beige colour (ivory) parasol blends in with any landscape and outdoor décor.
- Adjustable cantilever tilt to protect you whatever the time of day.
- Adjustable height so you keep your kids’ playing area in the shade as well as your outdoor patio table.
- Three-metre diameter six-sided canopy will keep the sun off quite a few people at the same time.
- Two-year manufacturer warranty takes the worry out of the purchase.
- The simple crank mechanism to easily raise the parasol.
- The four-section base is fillable with either water or sand depending on how much stability you’d like.
- Water-resistant storm cover to protect the parasol when you’ve finished with it and have cranked it down.
- Canopy has SPF30+ protection for when you’ve finished tanning or are avoiding the sun.
- Parasol spins and moves in the wind.
- Large base is difficult to position on small patios.
- Needs two people to assemble it.
Thoughts and Recommendations
The VonHaus parasol set has many desirable features, including its large (3m diameter) ivory-coloured canopy that has an SPF30+ rating to keep you both cool and un-sun-burned. It’s easy to put together at the start though it does need two people to lift the top part of the stand and the canopy onto the lower stand. The canopy is large enough to cover an eight-seat dining table so it’s large enough to protect your patio, kids’ play area or your cool-loving plants.
This cantilevered parasol has some of the issues that all large and heavy cantilevered parasols seem to have. Its large base makes it difficult to place in small patios or areas, and also to find storage space for if you want to put it away for the winter. Additionally, it’s susceptible to relatively low winds and spins and moves in them.
However, the VonHaus Parasol Set is easy to use and slightly more affordable than our Best pick. This is a worthy Runner-up in our review.
4. TecTake 3.5m Aluminium Cantilever Parasol
The TecTake Aluminium Cantilever Parasol can be purchased in various colours that could befit your garden. It can provide coverage of 3.5m diameter which is decent coverage for your furniture and best of all retailed at under £100 at the time of our review.
To see to it that this model lasts a few years, there are a few features that are essential. One of those features is a strong base. The 1m2 base can be secured by concrete slabs or drilled into concrete so as to stabilise it. Those living in windy areas should keep in mind this simple tip before you find your parasol mangled.
The aluminium pole and ribs make a strong structure for the polyester cover to rest upon. The polyester cover offers UV protection and waterproof abilities. There is plenty of ventilation points to keep everything in pristine conditions and help keep moisture and mould at bay.
For opening and closing up the parasol, you will notice a crank mechanism that has been installed which is simply a small handle you turn. The 12kg unit is one of the lighter models we have reviewed and it can be tilted to protect the user from the rays of the sun. When you are done with it, slip on the protective cover and go about your business. It is as simple as that and one of the most affordable models on the market.
- 3.5-meter coverage and comes with base and cover for under £100.
- Offers a UV protected cover for durability’s sake.
- Uses a crank system for easy opening and closure of the parasol.
- The pole is made of aluminium thus giving it a light feel and flexibility.
- Can be tilted to one side to shield the user.
- Fetched at affordable prices.
- Reports we found suggest its a little flimsy and the parasol wobbles when in the base even in light wind.
Thoughts and recommendations
The TecTake Aluminium Garden Cantilever Parasol with its base and Protective Cover is interesting, to say the least. It will keep you on your toes due to the challenges that it presents in keeping it stable.
People in windy areas can use bags of sand or concrete slabs to secure the unit as the base may not be heavy enough.
It is a simple model that covers an impressionable area that you can fetch for a good price. Simply a good budget-friendly option but we think it would be better to spend a little more for the extra quality if you can afford to for extra peace of mind. Otherwise, it looks great and does do what it’s designed to but does have a couple of flaws.
5. Outsunny 3m Garden Patio Parasol
The Outsunny 3m Garden Patio Parasol is another model that can be installed into your garden/patio at a very affordable price. This installation features a frame and a cover made from 180g/m2 Terylene fabric. These fabrics feature properties such as waterproof abilities and elasticity that are known to facilitate durability.
The frame is supported by a cross-shaped base made from steel. The base can be reinforced with a sandbag in the case that you have not purchased the appropriate parasol bases which we would recommend for ease of use. Some go as far as bolting them down to the patio. The problem might arise when you need to move or replace the structure.
When the sun gets too hot, the parasol can be tilted to provide ample shade. The parasol measures 3 x 3 x 2.6 meters and weighs 13kgs. A cover has been provided for protection when the parasol is not in use.
- Can be tilted to offer sun protection.
- Made from waterproof materials that have been treated to prevent sun damage.
- Easy to clean.
- Features a cross base to offer better stability.
- Sold at affordable prices.
- Does swivel around on days with strong winds which is the biggest problem.
- exclamation-triangleAdditional base features are needed to keep the unit stable.
- Is not really waterproof, water does start to seep through after around 10 minutes of rain.
Thoughts and recommendations
The Outsunny 3m Garden Patio Parasol is simple and can add a touch of colour to the garden and is a great alternative to the TecTake Aluminium Garden Cantilever Parasol.
The quality of the fibres is good but we would recommend this model for calmer places. Places with average wind speeds would prevent the parasol from swivelling around or bending. The affordable structure is afforded all the basics which includes a protective cover.
Overall its one of the better budget-friendly options but the way it does swing around in the wind is a little concerning.
6. Norfolk Leisure 2m Square Wall Mounted Cantilever Parasol
The Norfolk Leisure 2m Square Wall Mounted Cantilever Parasol differs from most of our other reviewed cantilevered parasols in several ways: its placement, its shape, its size and it’s material.
The first thing you’ll notice about the Norfolk Leisure parasol is that it’s mounted on a wall in contrast to the other parasols that have “banana” stands. Attached to a backplate that you bolt on to the wall, this canopy removes the need for large floor space to put the stand on. In addition, it creates a shaded area right next to your house (or other building) that lets you leave the rest of your garden in the sunshine.
The canopy of the Norfolk Leisure parasol is made of polyester but at 200 gms/m2 it’s more heavy-duty than other parasols that use a 180 gms/m2 fabric. It will protect you from showers as well as the sun, extending your enjoyment of your garden on drizzly days. The neutral grey or taupe colour (you have the choice) of the canopy fits well with the anthracite colour of the powder-coated frame and won’t clash with either your patio furniture or your flower beds.
The canopy is two metres square, and that introduces the shape of the parasol – it’s square. Unlike most other parasols that are round or hexagonal, the Norfolk Leisure parasol can directly cover your outdoor rectangular or square dining table. The smaller size of the canopy means that you won’t have so much of your garden in shade, which could be a plus or minus point.
A crank handle easily raises the canopy of this parasol. When you’ve finished using it, you crank it down and it folds out of the way against the wall; a lock keeps it in this position for safety.
If you want a small cantilevered canopy or don’t have a large garden or patio to put it in, the Norfolk Leisure parasol is a good option for you.
- Wall-mounted so doesn’t have a base to take up precious patio space.
- Crank handle for ease-of-use when opening the parasol.
- Parasol is square and 2m on each side, so it can sit nicely above a patio dining table.
- Two L-brackets bolted to the backplate attach the parasol to the wall safely.
- Neutral grey colour won’t clash with your patio furniture.
- Sun- and showerproof parasol material.
- Parasol canopy is 200 gms/m2 polyester, more heavy-duty than many other parasols, for added protection from the weather.
- Canopy folds up when not in use and locks against the wall for safety.
- Powder-coated frame in Anthracite (dark grey) looks good with the grey or taupe canopy.
- Need to remove backplate from wall to remove the parasol for storage.
- The storage cover is not included with the parasol; need to purchase it separately.
- Bolts not included; use your own bolts appropriate for the wall.
- Needs two people to set it up initially.
Thoughts and Recommendations
The Norfolk Leisure parasol sets itself apart from other parasol options by its smaller size, its square shape and its wall mounting.
If you have a smaller back garden, just don’t want a large umbrella in the middle of your patio, or perhaps don’t have a large budget for this purchase, consider this cantilevered parasol. Despite its lower price than our Best Pick and Runner-up, the Norfolk Leisure parasol is made of heavier polyester material (200 gms/m2 vs 180 gms/m2) for more sun and rain protection. It folds up out of the way against the wall, freeing up space beneath it for new activities or games.
As with most parasols, the Norfolk Leisure model needs two people to set it up. But once assembled it’s easy to use the crank handle to raise the canopy. To move the umbrella to storage or elsewhere, you need to unbolt it from the backplate, taking time and effort. But on the other hand, it’s not easy to move one of the heavy parasols with an upright stand, so maybe this is a non-issue.
Make sure you use the appropriate bolts for the wall. The Norfolk Leisure 2m parasol doesn’t come with bolts. According to the manufacturer, this is so you have to buy the correct bolts for the kind of wall you’re attaching it to. You’ll also have to buy your own cover for the canopy to protect it from the weather when it’s not in use as this is not included in this set.
The Norfolk Leisure 2m Square Wall Mounted Cantilever Parasol is a good choice if its unique features fit any of your garden’s special requirements.
Our Buyers Guide
Parasols are easy maintenance units that can last for years if well maintained and looked after. As we said earlier, your budget is not the only thing that will affect your choice. There are different styles, sizes and designs to choose from as well as features to consider. The thing to remember is that quality must be held in high regard. If the quality is good then it will last much longer.
Types of Parasols
There various kinds of parasols and we will mention the most popular kinds on the market. Their constructions come with their own advantages and disadvantages so read on to learn more.
- Cantilever – these are some of the kinds of parasols that add an elegant feel to your garden. They are built to arc over your patio furniture providing shade despite the position of the sun. The design also allows this unit to handle most of the chaos that comes with the weather.
- Market – it is hard to miss this are they are very popular with outdoor lovers. Usually, in the shape of an octagon, the vented top model is supported by a wooden frame. This type can usually be found in commercial areas compared to residential areas.
- Tilting parasols – these are the kinds that can be tilted to protect the users from the sun. Whether the sun is at midpoint or setting, you can adjust the parasol accordingly. Might get tasking after a while due to constant changing of position.
- Table parasols – found mostly in residential or at times commercial areas. The supporting pole is fitted through the centre of the table. Depending on the design, some feature a base to support the upright position of the pole. These parasols are usually the cheapest but are also very basic.
In this section, we shall look at the frame and the cover materials commonly used when making these parasols. We shall begin with the frame: Mostly the frames are made of either metal, wood or fibreglass.
- Wood – wood looks very chic and it is very easy to blend into the already established decor. The thing about this is that you will shell out more money compared to the aluminium frames. The elegant looking parasols should be treated for pest resistance and moisture damage. If left unattended, wooden frames may be subjected to irreparable damage which in turn will be a waste of your money.
- Fibreglass – if you are looking for long service then fibreglass frames are the ones to look out for. The material is strong and flexible but not too heavy. The material is able to face what the weather throws at it and you need not worry about pests or moisture damage.
- Aluminium – this is another popular material and at the time it is preferred over wood due to durability and low maintenance. The material is light enough to ensure that the parasol is as light as possible while still being able to stand up to the British weather.
Parasol covers help protect you from the suns UV rays as well as protecting the supporting pole from sun damage which most people don’t realise. There are several materials that can be used. The materials have to be treated for sun and water damage since the unit is located outside. Some favourable materials include:
- Polyester and its blends – Polyester is a strong material whose prices are within many people’s budgets. They come in a range of different colours and thickness. The material has to be treated against UV damage, otherwise, in areas where there is a lot of sun exposure, the material will disintegrate fast. Other than that the material is easy to clean and maintain the original colour and expensive models are sure to ensure the polyester is uv protected.
- Acrylic – this is a rich quality material that is hard to wear out. The colour is fastened to the material so it will be able to maintain its appearance. The material is taken through several processes to see the strength of the material against damage. Materials such as the Sunbrella and Oatdura are good examples of acrylic that has gone through refined processes.
- Olefin – the material’s best quality has to be its ability ward water away. The waterproof material is made from synthetic polyester fabrics. It is mildew resistant and you won’t see the colour fading away to soon like that seen on cheaper models. The material I so strong that in other functions it can be used for carpeting but thats not really related. It may not be as bright as acrylic but it is certainly effective.
- Canvas – canvas is a good choice if you are living in hot areas. In areas where there a lot of rain, the canvas material may suffer from mould. This is simply because canvas absorbs moisture in order to prevent water from seeping through. The material is also likely to get heavy when wet and thus cleaning may prove an energy consuming task.
Consider the size of the unit and its base
The size of the unit will affect the amount of space you use in your garden. The larger the unit, the wider and heavier your supporting base needs to be. The number of people to be seated at once will affect the model that you chose. A two-seater would be smaller compared to a six-seater.
Parasol size vs Patio furniture size
1.5 to 2m Parasol
- Pair with a 30-inch table or less
- Accommodates 2-4 chairs
- Ideal for bistro sets
- Pair with a 36-inch table or less
- Accommodates 2-4 chairs
2.5 to 2.5m Parasol
- Pair with 36-inch to 40-inch table
- Accommodates 4-6 chairs
- Ideal for patio dining sets up to 6 people and conversation sets
- Pair with 40-inch to 48-inch table
- Accommodates 8 chairs
- Ideal for garden dining sets up to 8 people
- Pair with 48-inch or more
- Accommodates up to 10 chairs
- Ideal poolside, shading multiple bistro sets
The wider the base, the more support is offered. Basically, if you have a 4-meter parasol, you will need the base diameter to be around 40cm or more depending on how thick the pole is. If it’s a lightweight table pole then it is likely that a heavy base is unneeded. It also depends on how top-heavy the parasol is. Most brands do sell weighted stands to fit the size of the parasol but usually at an extra cost. You may also be able to use flags with some stands.
Ease of Use
Sometimes when a parasol is new or has been in storage for a while the joints and ribs are a bit stiff. This, in turn, makes you have to force the parasol open. For parasols that are made from materials that are prone to rust, regular lubrication may be needed.
Parasol frames that have a fine finish are less likely to incur a lot of friction opening up. Over time, the mechanisms get used to the motion and the movements are more fluid.
According to the climate in your region, buy parasols whose material is able to hold colour. This ensures that the appearance does not fade over time. Sun protection is also vital in maintaining the state of the cover. Pest resistance and waterproof abilities are not to be overlooked.
In the same spirit, easy cleaning and maintenance are crucial. There are fabrics that would look great for the parasol but would be a pain to clean. Stick to recommended fabrics by parasol experts.
For a bit more pizzazz and function. There are parasols that have lights for illumination. The little lights look great at night and create an air of romance.
Another thing to look out for is the parasol covers. These covers protect the material from getting dirty when the parasol is not in use. If there are any replaceable parts make certain that the spare parts are easy to find. It will save you a lot of frustration.
It is interesting how many choices you can get in terms of opening a parasol. Each mechanism works but as life goes a few disadvantages are always lurking for someone. If it has ever started raining on you and the umbrella jams then you understand why the quality of these mechanisms is important. The most used mechanisms are:
- Pulley – the mechanism works like raising a flag. You pull on the rope in order to open the parasol open. For parasols like the table parasol. It makes it easier to pry it open especially if it is a large table.
- Crank -this is one of the simpler methods. You simply rotate a gear that locks in the position that you require. These are probably the easiest type to use and makes opening larger parasols much easier.
- Pull-up – basically, this works like how a traditional umbrella works. You force the frame up till it rests on a small base provided. This is probably the oldest design and still a great choice for smaller models.
As you have probably realised there isn’t a large difference in operation. It will just boil down to personal preference.
How do you clean a cantilever parasol?
Most cantilevered parasols have a canopy of polyester or vinyl, and you can use the same cleaning routine for both.
To clean the parasol, brush off any loose leaves or dirt from the canopy. Then lightly scrub with a soft brush and a solution of mild soap (laundry detergent liquid works well; just a squirt) and water to remove any grime and dirt. While you’re there, wash down the base and stand as well. Rinse everything well with cold water when you’ve finished.
What are cantilever umbrellas?
A cantilever umbrella (or parasol) is an outdoor adjustable umbrella that provides sun protection. Many cantilevered umbrellas have a tiltable canopy so you can block out the sun wherever it is in the sky. Such an umbrella differs from outdoor patio umbrellas that have a stand through their centre as the cantilevered stand is offset from the canopy; that is; it’s entirely off to the side and lets the canopy adjust 360°. A cantilevered umbrella needs a heavy base to keep it in place.
How do I get rid of mould in my garden parasol?
First of all, follow our directions above for cleaning the canopy. Then mix a solution of equal parts white vinegar and warm water. Dip the brush in the solution and scrub the parasol’s material, but be gentle. Leave for 20 minutes and rinse off with cold water. If this doesn’t work, the mildew is strong and on the surface, you’ll need to use a solution of bleach and mild soap in water.
The Final Conclusion
Both our best pick of cantilevered parasols – the Jarder Libra Cantilever Parasol Set – and the Runner-up – the VonHaus Parasol Set – have a great deal to recommend them. They both give a three-metre area of shade and are adjustable in tilt and in height. The canopies are of different colours and that may play into your design decision, as might the colour of the stand.
Whichever one you pick, or even one of our other recommended parasols, will give you a cool and comfortable summer.
Other reviews you may find useful
Last update on 2020-07-11 at 04:42 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API