Best LED Torch & Top 10 Flashlights With Detailed Reviews
Choosing the best LED torch with pocket and head torches included
Years back, flashlights used to be big and unwieldy and less efficient in terms of battery life and brightness. Today, they are quite smaller and portable, brighter and rechargeable, eliminating the worry of having enough pockets to fit in and buying new batteries.
With a bright LED flashlight, you can have an easy time working in the dark. It can light up the world’s dangers so you can confront your fears one step at a time. These devices have becomes popular with everyone from military/law enforcement personnel through hikers, backpackers, campers, dog walkers, fishermen, and children enjoying their absolute brightness.
However, finding the best LED torch for you may be somewhat overwhelming. Fortunately, we have shortlisted some interesting and innovative LED flashlights that will comfortably help you walk into darkness without fear. Whatever your reason for needing a LED torch, we are certain you will find a match from our list.
Since we understand your need to find the right device, we have also prepared a detailed buying guide so you will walk into any retail store confident of coming out with the best flashlight. Even if you will want to order online, at least the information in our guide will help you to understand what to look for in your ideal torch.
Below is the winner our of 'Best Pick Award' the OLight SR1 Baton LED Torch which, after more than 30 hours of research over 2 years and comparing over 28 different LED Torches, is what we consider, to be the Best LED Torch for most people. Outstanding quality, shock and water proof, great lighting output and many useful features such as memory and SOS modes. It truly is an amazing LED torch that will last for many years.
What you can learn from our buyers guide and best picks
Below we start with out Top 8 LED Torches which we have narrowed down from over 30 models to bring you what we consider, to be the best models on the market today and who they are best suited for.
After this we have a detailed buyers guide which contains all the information you need to decide which torch might be best for you and what the technical specification actually mean if your not up to date with the latest jargon.
Hope you enjoy our guide and why not dig in to see which models made it onto onto our recommended LED torches list below.
TOP 8 LED TORCH REVIEWS
OLIGHT S1R Baton LED Torch Review
**OUR BEST PICK**
The Olight SR1 Baton LED Torch is a compact illumination tool with an incredibly higher than average output of 900 lumens when used in 'turbo s mode', which is one of many modes derived from a CREE XM-L2 LED.
The torch has 6 brightness levels, of which three are "hidden". They are moonlight, low, mid, high, turbo, turbo S and strobe. Each mode produces a given amount of lumens and runtime as follows: Strobe – 900 lumens: 1.5 mins, Turbo – 600 lumens: High – 300 lumens: 1 hour, Medium – 60 lumens: 33 hours, and Moonlight – 0.5 lumens: 33 hours.
We took some pictures to try and give an idea of how amazingly bright this little torch is in all mode setting. However, the pictures look dimmer than they actually were so the images don't give a 100% true reflection of how much light each mode gave out. Hopefully though, you can see how bright it is, specially in Turbo S mode. Overall we were super impressed.
Another impressive feature of the S1R is its TIR reflector that produces a large, defined beam. It sheds light up to a distance of 145 metres, which is a solid throw for such a tiny torch. On top of that, this torch features a two timer setting where it will automatically turn the torch off after either 3 minutes, when in short timer mode, or 9 minutes, if in the longer 9 minute mode.
When it comes to the build, the S1R button is durable and reliable. It is made of 6061-T6 aluminium with scratch resistance, waterproof and impact resistance properties. The torch has IPX8 water ingress rating, meaning it is protected against submersion up to 1.5 metres. The switch has a good, solid feel as well for long-term functionality. The switch is made from a rubber material and seems smooth enough with a nice click sound as you switch between modes.
A pocket clip is an important feature of an EDC torch and this one comes with a removable sturdy stainless steel clip. The clip comes in handy when hands-free working is a priority or when you simply need to keep the device within arm’s reach. It can be hung on a belt, backpack, and pocket and literally anywhere the clip can hook onto.
This rechargeable EDC (every day carry) flashlight is powered by a 550mAh RCR123 re-chargeable battery, which comes included with the LED torch along with a magnetic USB charging cable and velvety smooth carry case. The charging cable also has a LED display that shows red when charging the torch and green when fully charged, which is does on around an hour which is equally impressive.
Last but certainly not least, the box also includes a lanyard, pouch and user manual. We like the 5-year warranty on offer which we believe sums up this remarkable little torch.
- A bit expensive for a small torch.
The Olight S1R Baton LED Torch is a small device that is capable of lighting up acres of darkness. This is evident from its impressive beam distance of 145m max. Six levels of brightness ensure that you can produce just enough light depending on the need. The fact that this compact flashlight can be hooked to another object, attached to a ferrous metal surface, or used tail standing simply promotes the much-desired hands-free working.
We couldn't find any hiccups with this tiny torch and we tend to believe it's worth every penny. If you are looking for a very good quality compact and bright LED torch, the OLIGHT S1R is one you should seriously consider.
Compare the best prices from available sellers below
OLIGHT H2R NOVA LED Torch Review
**BEST DETACHABLE HEAD TORCH**
The OLIGHT H2R NOVA LED Torch is an impressive multi-use illumination tool that works both as a handheld device and a headlamp. It comes with a comfortable head strap featuring a silicon mount that allows the torch to be held securely in place.
This torch arguably boasts the strongest lumens in the industry of up to 2300 lumens, and that has earned it the reputation of being the brightest single 18650 battery flashlight. The battery itself comes included and there’s a low battery indicator to keep your usage in check. OLIGHT supplies a magnetic charging cable to use accordingly as well. The battery runtime will depend on the mode outputs you are using but previous customers have acknowledged it’s really good.
It has five brightness modes that are powered differently to suit a range of applications. By a simple button operation, you can adjust the light mode from moonlight to low, medium, high, and turbo. Brightness increases or fades gradually so as to protect your eyes from stimulation caused by sudden brightness adjustments. In addition, there's a button lockout function that prevents accidental mode activation. Also note that the farthest beam distance is 153m.
The pictures below which we taken during our testing are a little darker than they actually were. The photo doesn't quite capture the right amount of light so they were slightly brighter than the pictures but still give a very good indication of how good this torch is.
Our picture below was taken in a pitch dark room with the torch in Turbo mode. As you can see, it gives off an amazing amount of light.
The main body is made from Aluminium alloy and it seems very strong. We like the tough plastic at the front of the strap, which firmly holds the main unit in its place. OLIGHT designers also added a metal clip that allows for clipping the torch on your jacket or waistband.
In addition, the torch has a magnetic bottom that allows placement onto certain metallic surfaces to provide another hands-free light. Boasting the highest water ingress rating (IPX8), this versatile torch withstand submersion for more than 30 minutes.
Overall, it makes a great choice for wildlife excursions at night, hunting, camping, walking trails, and many other activities that call for bright illumination.
- Gets a little too hot in full turbo mode.
- Somewhat bulkier when used as a headlamp.
This is a great head torch with top-of-the-range features. The obvious selling point here is multi-purpose functionality. The various light modes are useful and easy to adjust and a little simpler than the smaller OLIGHT torch that is our 'Best Pick' as it has a few less modes to remember. As much as the torch can produce up to 2300 lumens, 600 lumens on the high setting are ideal for most activities. The highest setting can help when you do need excessive light.
The device has a strong construction with excellent waterproof and shockproof properties compared to most models. Even though is fairly expensive compared to a lot of models, we think the price is just right for the design, versatility and performance. With the backing of a 5-year warranty, the Olight H2R NOVA LED Torch is a worthwhile investment for those looking for a serous torch.
Compare the best prices from available sellers below
Cynthia LED Tactical Flashlight Review
Every other torch will claim to have a bright beam but in reality not all of them are. Now forget the wannabe’s and meet a true contender, the Cynthia LED Tactical Flashlight. This guy has a whopping 2400 lumens light output originating from 3 CREE T6 LED’s. This produces an intense, ultra-bright beam light of light up to 200 – 300 metres. It features 3 flexible brightness modes which include high, medium and strobe, of which you easily select depending on whatever you are doing with the torch. Simply short press the button function for high and medium brightness levels and long press for strobe mode.
It is powered by 3 18650 rechargeable batteries which are included in the box along with a battery holder. A full charge can run for about 8 – 10 hours which is not bad for a handheld light. This is why it is ideal for activities such as hiking, backpacking, camping, hunting, night fishing, Auto emergencies, home repairs in dark corners, and many others.
Cynthia recommends that you charge the torch for a minimum of 6 hours for the first time of use. There is a wall charger and a USB cable that will always help you charge the torch. They both have indicators which show red during charging and turn yellow when the battery is fully charged. The USB cable also means that you can always charge the torch in the car or using a power bank. It is very convenient because you don’t need to remove the battery out to charge.
Note that the operating voltage is 4.2V but in case you have 5V charger, the dedicated USB cable can transfer the voltage to 4.2V. However, you should never use it with more than 5V charger as it will damage the headlamp.
Talking of the design, the exterior is made of aluminium alloy which makes the flashlight quite waterproof. With the featured Anti-Skid and IP65 dust water resistance design, the torch is ready to use in heavy rain. Even so, you should never submerge it in water.
The Cynthia LED Tactical Flashlight comes with 18-month warranty and their customer service has a reputation of being very friendly. So expect to be treated as such in case of anything at all.
- Long battery life up to 10 hours.
- Easy and flexible charging due to the supplied wall charger and USB cable.
- Extremely bright beam – 2400lm from 3 CREE T6 LED’s.
- Highly durable due to the aircraft grade aluminium alloy construction and water-resistant design.
- Suitable for a wide range of situations.
- Features adjustable brightness modes; high, medium and strobe.
- No zoom feature on light.
The Cynthia LED Tactical Flashlight is a top quality torch from the construction, performance, and reliability. It is extremely powerful giving 2400 lumens, lighting to a range of up to 300 metres. Lighting for up to 10 hours is also something to boast because we’ve seen flashlights that can only last for about 3 hours.
Whether you want to go night fishing, hiking, camping, backpacking or simply whatever activity you have, the Cynthia LED Tactical Flashlight is all you need. It is also a sure thing that will last for a long time. Everything on this torch is amazing that it’s hard to find any flaws.
CVLIFE 1800Lm Zoomable CREE T6 LED Torch Review
**GREAT BUDGET PICK**
The CVLIFE 1800Lm Zoomable CREE T6 LED Torch is a professional grade LED torch and comes with a kit that includes an 18650 rechargeable battery, battery holder and charger. This product is made of high-quality aluminium alloy which makes it strong and durable enough for long-term use. Furthermore, it has a skid-proof and waterproof construction which means you can use it outdoors each and every day, even during rainy days.
This torch has a super bright and blinding effect due with a maximum brightness output of 1800 lumens. This is beneficial for great illumination of dark areas as well as for emergency and self-dense situation. Unless you are protecting yourself from an enemy, you should not toward the light directly to people as the powerful light is harmful and can make someone blind temporarily.
It has three light settings; high, low and strobe, which can be adjusted easily by pressing a switch. You can also choose between spot and flood beams depending on the need.
The torch runs on 18650 battery but it can also work with 3AAA batteries if necessary. The time of charging is anything between 3 to 5 hours. You are advised to always charge to battery before it is exhausted in order to protect its lifespan. For information, the CVLIFE 1800lm comes with two chargers, wall charger and car charger, so you can be at ease if you happen to forget one.
On a full charge, the torch lights for about 3 hours on its brightest mode and can last a bit longer if on low light mode. The 1800lm LED bulb is meant to last for 5,000 hours and it has a wide range of 300 – 500 meters.
With an approximate weight of 230g, this torch is incredibly light and portable. It comes with an instruction manual which you must read for first time use of this product. There is nothing critical at all; it’s only that the manufacturer needs you to understand how to use the torch.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Very bright thanks to its 1800lm bulb.
- Wide coverage up to 500 metres.
- Includes 3 adjustable light modes; high, low and strobe.
- Sturdy and durable high-quality aluminium alloy construction.
- There are issues with the overall quality, for instance, inside the nice aluminium case are flimsy plastic parts which break easily.
- The charging port is not waterproof.
The CVLIFE 1800Lm Zoomable CREE T6 LED Torch is a powerful torch that comes at a great price. You will love the flexibility it offers in terms of light modes and beams. It also has a nice beam length and is generally easy to use. You can use this for as long as it can run since it is quite portable. We also like the fact that it comes with two chargers for extra convenience.
The only niggle we have on this model is its overall construction quality especially with the hidden components. Of course, the aluminium case is great but some parts inside are not. For instance, we can’t advice working with the torch is extreme rain since its charging port is not waterproof.
With that said, you have to be keen when using this product. It does a good job anyway and we recommend it for anyone looking for a super bright torch.
Ledlenser P7.2 Professional LED Torch Review
**GREAT TORCH BACKED UP WITH A 5 YEAR WARRANTY**
The Ledlenser P7.2 Professional LED Torch is an improved version of the P7 with more brightness than its predecessor. It offers even more in design, durability and efficiency. It has 320 max lumen output coming from its updated CREE LED light chip.
It features LEDLENSER’s very own Advanced Focus System, a unique combination of lens and reflector, which allows smooth transition from homogenous low beam to sharply focused high beam. The flood beam is usually good for close-up visibility while the spot beam is good for long visibility. The lens has additionally been re-configured to shine brighter over an increased lighting diameter for improved performance.
This torch integrates a larger and responsive Dynamic Switch which offers 3 levels of brightness; Power, Low Power and Boost. The switch is even easier to operate when wearing gloves in those cold nights. There is also a Speed Focus which encourages smooth single-handed focusing from flood to spot beam.
The P7. 2 is nicely designed with an elegant black finish over high-quality, aircraft grade aluminium that looks beautiful as well as allows for an improved grip. It also makes it pretty lightweight at only 100g. It torch uses 4AAA batteries which LEDLENSER has done the favour to provide.
Most torches claim to be waterproof yet without proof. The P7. 2 has been tried and tested and passed water ingress protection ratings (IPX) between IPX4 and IPX8. So you can rely on this torch even in the wettest and windiest conditions.
When it comes to applications, this torch can be relied on many occasions. From walking the dog in the late evenings to working on site at night, it is a great companion. Whether you are fishing the night away, policing the streets at night or saving lives on the seas, the P7.2 is extremely dependable. Even night camping is easier with the P7. 2 on your side.
To assure you of the quality of this torch, LEDLENSER covers the P7. 2 torch with an industry leading warranty of 5 years. Its intelligent modular construction means that should a replacement part be required, there will be no need to discard the whole torch. This ensures unbeatable long-term user value.
- Clever modular design; every part is replaceable if need be.
- Wide beam coverage and the beam is adjustable between two settings; flood and spot.
- Highly flexible in terms of brightness because it offers 3 brightness settings.
- Extremely lightweight at just 100g since it’s made of aircraft grade aluminium.
- An all-rounder torch for use in many applications.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- It eats batteries real quick.
The Ledlenser P7.2 Professional LED Torch is a very popular torch and quite reliable in many situations. We really like its design including the black finish and aluminium construction. It simply looks stunning. We also like that the batteries come included so you have no worry of running up and down. The adjustable settings in terms of beams and brightness are great for your convenience while we find it waterproof enough to use in those wet and windy days. Its 5-year warranty is also something that you don’t get anywhere else.
On the downside, our research found that it is not the brightest torch available, however, useful it is, and the batteries don’t last that long. That’s a bit of a concern keeping in mind how much you pay for it.
Overall, we commend it for the great design and durable construction. Anyone looking for a torch that will offer long-term value can never go wrong with the P7. 2.
Vansky Led Torch Pocket Torch 800 Lumen Cree XML2 T6 Review
**GREAT VALUE AT UNDER £15**
Another one from Vansky, this model is cheaper than its brother in our list but don’t be fooled by the price and imagine it’s a low quality. Actually, this a #1 Best Seller on Amazon.co.uk and a favourite for many people as of the time of writing, it had over 1,400 reviews. The Vansky Led Torch Pocket Torch 800 Lumen Cree XML2 T6 is a light and compact tactical flashlight with incredibly high outputs.
It is a perfect go-to accessory for every occasion thanks to its 5 different flashing modes. You can choose between high, medium, low beam, and strobe and there is an SOS switch mode. Furthermore, it is a zoomable red light torch. The beam is adjustable as well and you have flood and spot beam options. Changing the modes is also easy. Your first click puts the light on full brightness. Simply press down the rear button slightly and release to switch the modes. Do not fully press the button.
There are two power options with this torch; you can either use 1 x 18650 3.6v / 3.7v or 3 AAA batteries. It comes with the 3 AAA batteries but you have to buy the 18650 if you need to use it. Supplied with this torch is a battery holder for the 3AAA batteries and a plastic white tube for using the 18650 battery. Its white LED is long-lasting and will see you through more than 30,000 hours of bright light. It is very powerful and has a bright effect so make sure you don’t direct the light toward people.
A truly excellent and easily handheld torch, it features heavy duty aluminium housing that is not only scratch and fade resistant but also looks pretty. For your peace of mind, the Vansky® Led Torch Pocket Torch 800 Lumen Cree XML2 T6 comes with 45 days money back guarantee and one year hassle-free warranty. They have a friendly, easy-to-reach support that will be at your service in case of anything.
- Highly versatile torch that offers two power options – 3 AAA batteries or 18650 battery.
- It comes with 5 light modes and 2 beam options for every other situation.
- Features an excellent, durable construction thanks to the aluminium alloy housing.
- Suitable for self-defence situations due to its super bright light with blinding effect.
- It has a long-lasting white LED – lasts for over 30,000 hours.
- It comes with money back guarantee plus 1-year hassle-free warranty.
- It requires you to go through all the light modes to switch it off.
- Not rechargeable.
The Vansky Led Torch Pocket Torch 800 Lumen Cree XML2 T6 is another little guy that will efficiently light up your outdoor adventures for many days. The 5 light modes plus adjustable beam are anything but convenient for different situations. It is small enough to fit in your pocket, handbag, or even your car compartment so you will take it anywhere with you.
We also like the battery options that come with the torch, however, it is not rechargeable. Switching it off is a bit of a process but it is not a big deal. The price point is especially great considering you will spend less than £10 for this torch.
Maglite 2D LED Torch Review
Maglite is considered to be the day to day premium flashlight and their products are known for superior build quality and durability due to their long-term experience in artistry, engineering and technology. The Maglite 2D LED Torch is evident of the thought that come into play in all other Maglite flashlights.
Designed for both professional and consumer use, it features a powerful projecting beam that flashes out to up to 412 metres. By simply rotating the head, you can focus the beam to your desired projection, however, bear in mind that the torch is rated 168 lumens max. It uses CREE XP-E LED which is bright and energy efficient, allowing the torch to run for a maximum of 6 hours, 45 minutes.
When it comes to the build, the head features a plastic window and a smooth reflector. The body features a Diamond Knurl design in the mid-section which offers improved grip for the flashlight. The tail cap is flat for the Maglite 2D to stand straight while its water-resistant property means it can be used in the rain.
The torch is offered with a single battery configuration of which it’s a compact 2D cell version. The featured Energy Source Management technology balances brightness and battery life thus ensuring an extended runtime. Also worth mentioning is that the product comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- It has a good runtime of up to 6h45min.
- The knurling design on the body provides excellent grip of the torch.
- Easy to adjust the beam by simply twisting the head.
- It has a good beam distance, up to 412m.
- It is water-resistant.
- It has no light modes.
- The beam can form holes in the middle when not well focused.
- It lacks provisions for more efficient batteries such as AAA, AA or 18650.
- It is a bit expensive for its design and basic functionality.
The Maglite 2D LED Torch is a basic design torch with some good and not very good stuff altogether. Its beam length of 412m is great and adjusts nicely yet it forms holes and rings if the light is defocused. It only uses 2D cells which give a decent runtime but what happens next when they are out, you have to buy new ones which is costly in the long run. It could have been better if it had a rechargeable option. The construction is good but with the batteries included, this thing is a bit heavier than most other models. Basically, the Maglite 2D has found a balance between what it offers and what is lacking.
For someone looking for a classic torch for day to day use, the Maglite 2D can be a good place to start. Once the need for a rechargeable option creeps in, then you can advance in that direction.
TOP 4 BEST LED HEAD TORCHES
Ledlenser H14R.2 Rechargeable 3-in-1 Professional LED Head Lamp Review
**OUR TOP PICK HEAD TORCH**
Designed for professional use, the Ledlenser H14R.2 Rechargeable 3-in-1 Professional LED Head Lamp takes personal lighting to a whole new level with its stunning performance and a brilliant fastening system, which allows it to function as a body lamp, mobile spot light and a belt torch.
It is among the powerful and technologically-advanced head torches in the LEDLENSER models. Featuring LEDLENSER’s patented Advanced Focus System along with CREE Xtreme Light Chip, the headlamp zooms out sharp and focused white light up to a range of 300 metres when focused to spot beam. The flood beam is achieved with a simple turn of the head for close illumination.
The torch integrates a pre-programmed micro-chip that brings the intelligence of Smart Light Technology (SLT) to the user. The SLT is controllable from a multi-function wheel switch located on the battery pack. This technology gives you 2 energy modes; constant current and energy saving, 3 light programmes; easy low, easy power and signal, and 6 light modes; power, low power, boost, blink, dim and pulse. This means that you have a light for almost every situation.
There is a rear safety light with a red or blinking light options which makes it easy for your colleagues to know where you are. Supplied with this battery is 1 Li-ion battery pack, belt hook, mains charger, USB cable and user manual. In addition, it features a low battery message which informs when you need to charge the batteries. Of course, this you can do using USB charging connectors or from the mains.
While carrying some other torches light up accidentally when being carried in tight pockets, the Ledlenser H144. 2 features a transport lock which prevents such a case that usually drains the battery unnecessarily. The torch weighs 340g which some may find a bit heavier compared to our Aennon model but it is still manageable. It is also rated IPX4 which means it is ready to go in wet weather.
Like all other LEDLENSER lighting products, the Ledlenser H14R.2 Rechargeable 3-in-1 Professional LED Head Lamp comes with a 7-year warranty. Its modular construction means every part is replaceable so you will not have to discard the whole torch in case it needs repairs of any sort.
- It features advanced light settings for improved flexibility – 2 energy modes, 3 light programmes and 6 light modes.
- Integrated transport lock prevents the torch from accidentally switching on.
- It is highly waterproof with IPX4 rating.
- Features a low battery message system to let you when to charge the device.
- Ideal for a variety of uses.
- Supplied with a rechargeable battery plus other useful accessories.
- It is a highly multi-functional torch which works a mobile spot light, body lamp or belt torch.
- It comes with an industry-leading 5-year warranty.
- There are complaints with the battery failing to charge at times. The on/off button on the battery pack is also easily, accidentally pressed.
- It is expensive.
The Ledlenser H14R.2 Rechargeable 3-in-1 Professional LED Head Lamp is a quite advanced model with top of the range features. For instance, it is so far the only model in our line-up with a low battery indicator. It is also the one with the most light modes and extra energy modes and light programmes. Then there is a transport lock which is a very useful feature when carrying the torch in a pocket or handbag. On top of all these and other features, it is backed by a 7-year warranty – the longest compared to the other products. Maybe that’s why it’s expensive.
There are still one or two issues with this torch with the battery sector raising all sorts of complaints. Apart from that, the Ledlenser H14R.2 Rechargeable 3-in-1 Professional LED Head Lamp is an excellent recommendation to those who love sophisticated devices. But compared to the other models here, you have to spend a fortune to own this particular one.
Aennon USB Rechargeable LED Head Torch Review
**BEST VALUE LED HEAD TORCH**
When you find yourself in the dark and want to be hands-free while you to work on your project, go for a walk or even clean things up, a torch like the Aennon USB Rechargeable LED Head Torch is exactly what you need.
This particular head torch is easy to use with a single button control for powering on/off. It comes with an easily adjustable elastic headband to fit any head size. Furthermore, it can fit around hat, helmet, bike, or even belt. With the torch on your head, you can tile up to 60 degrees so as to focus the light where you need it and the beam can stay fixed in your preferred position. To make it more interesting, there are 4 light modes for you to play around with to get the exact level of brightness you want for any use. And that is possible with a single button control.
The Aennon USB Rechargeable LED Head Torch simply makes close-up detailed work plus long-distance viewing a breeze thanks to the featured CREE LED and red LED. The red LED light is especially perfect for reading at night while preserving night vision and not disturbing others. It is a steady red LED so there is no frustrating light like in some other headlamps. The torch generates 220 lumens which encourages visibility up to 150 metres and the LED has a lifetime of approximately 30,000 hours.
At just 70g, this torch is ultra-lightweight and comfortable on your head even for long hours. That’s why it is ideal for running in late evening, night camping, night fishing, biking, caving and other outdoor activities. It is also a convenient thing during power outage, home security, household repair, construction and auto repair. The fact that it features a waterproof construction also makes it ideal for a variety of situations. The torch is rated IPX4 on waterproofness grading it’s protected against spraying or splashing water from any angle. Basically, you can work, jog or walk in the rain without worry.
It uses a USB rechargeable battery and the USB charging cable is even supplied with this head torch. The torch can charge from any USB port in matter of 4 -6 hours and provide up to 30 light hours from a single charge.
Aennon are so confident that you will love the torch and so they back it with 100% money back guarantee. If you won’t like the torch for whatever reason, they will give back every cent or replace it if you wish to.
- Extremely ultra-lightweight torch weighing just 70g.
- It can fit any head size due to its elastic and adjustable headband.
- It is highly durable because it is waterproof, shock-resistant and has a very strong glass lens.
- Long battery life of up to 30 hours.
- Easy to use with a single button control.
- It features 4 light modes which are quite easy to select.
- Long LED lifetime up to 30,000 hours.
- Ideal for every situation.
- It comes with 100% money back guarantee for peace of mind.
- When pointed downwards to see where you are treading, some of the light spills into your eyes and thus distracts visibility.
- The beam distance is quite short.
The Aennon USB Rechargeable LED Head Torch is a top quality head torch that is handy when hands-free operation is needed. It has awesome features that make it very convenient in a variety of situations. Its weight especially is something you can never feel. Its adjustable head band ensures anyone in your family or friends can use the torch. It comes with an easy to use button function which, of course, allows you to put on/off as well as select the light modes.
There are a few flaws with the torch concerning the battery life, poor visibility in some instances and a short beam distance. The good thing is, there is a money back guarantee so if you are not pleased with the head torch in one way or the other, you can claim your full amount. Otherwise, we think it’s a great piece for an incredible price.
Boruit Rechargeable LED Head Torch Light with 4 Modes Review
The Boruit Rechargeable LED Head Torch Light with 4 Modes is a brilliant head torch with a great design. There are three light bulbs on the torch which generate a combined 6000 lumens. This is the latest version of the Boruit XM-L 3 x T6 headlamp which feature 4 light modes including low, middle, high and strobe. You can select your preferred mode with an easy slide switch on the front section. The LED bulbs have an average life of 100,000 hours implying that it will last for many years.
Made of aluminium alloy, the torch is very durable. It is designed to be waterproof so it can be used outdoors in the rainy and windy days. However, you should not go diving with this torch and as such, do not put it into the water.
It is powered by 2 Lithium-ion batteries which you will find in the box and they are rechargeable. Supplied with it is USB cable for charging the torch from almost anywhere, in the car, wall charger, power bank or any device with a USB port. It charges for about 6 hours and you will be good to go for your next activity.
It fits nicely on the head since it not only has a round headband but also an extra band that runs across from the front to the back of your head. The headband is fully adjustable so it that can easily fit on any head size. Boruit claims to offer an excellent customer service and they welcome you to contact them via e-mail for any questions or concerns about their product. So if you buy one of these, you can rest assured that your investment is well protected.
- Long LED life up to 100,000 hours.
- It is very powerful – rated 6,000lm.
- Solid and waterproof construction which ensures it lasts long.
- Features 4 light modes and they are easy to change via a slide switch.
- Supplied with rechargeable batteries plus a USB charger for all-round charging.
- It takes a long time to charge.
- It is a bit bulky on the head.
- The batteries have a short life.
The Boruit Rechargeable LED Head Torch Light with 4 Modes looks unique at first glance. It is well designed with a main bulb and two side bulbs and is said to produce 6,000lm – great. There are 4 adjustable light modes and it comes with rechargeable batteries. Being waterproof means you can use it outdoor for numerous activities like hunting, fishing, cycling, and other outdoor activities.
The major issues with this torch are the batteries and there are even complaints that some come without them. The main concern is they take long to charge and the still offer short hours of use. So maybe you just have to be ready for these consequences if you buy this torch. The price is such an offer though, just under £15.
LED Torch Buyers Guide
LED flashlights come in various styles and sizes so it is important that you know your needs before buying one.
Types of LED Flashlights
Handheld LED flashlights
They are the widest range of flashlights and they usually come in a cylinder style. The length of the cylinders is usually about 8 to 10 inches and commonly use either C or D cell batteries. Most of them have an adjustable beam in terms of flood beam and spot beam.
These flashlights are popular with handymen/women, maintenance workers, and homeowners. Generally, they are kept in bedside tables, kitchen drawers, glove boxes, tool boxes, and consoles in water vessels. The popularity of handheld lights comes from their durable exteriors - usually made of aluminium alloy -brightness and long battery life.
Smaller handheld LEDs are also available and they offer the same features as the larger models. They usually use AA or AAA batteries and are even supplied with AC adaptors to charge their internal power sources. The smaller versions of LED lights are also lightweight and designed to allow low light use by changing the lens. This feature is usually popular with nighttime hunters and military personnel who practice light discipline while on maneuvers.
Headlamp LED flashlights
These combine the power of an LED torch with hands-free convenience. They have elastic and adjustable headbands that make it possible to wear them on the head like a cap. This makes the LED headlamp a favourite for many groups of people especially outdoor enthusiasts. They are also used by men and women who work outdoors as construction workers, miners, linemen and emergency first responders.
These light come in different levels of brightness. This can go in excess of 1,000 lumens emitted from over 50 individual LEDs. They are usually battery powered or rechargeable light with different grades of durability depending on how they are to be used.
Important flashlight terms that you need to know
- Lumens - this is a term you will hear about every other time when shopping for a flashlight (how it has 500, 800, 1000, etc. lumens). In a Layman’s, lumen refers to a unit of light or brightness. A completely dark room has 0 lumens of light. So, the more lumens a flashlight has, the brighter it is.
- Candela - it refers to the intensity of the beam. Also, the higher the candela, the stronger the beam.
What to look for in a LED flashlight
- Light output - it is measured in lumens. It is a great comparison feature but it does not fully determine the entire story about brightness. The beam distance, intensity and type all influence the effectiveness of light in various applications. Lumens range from as low as 20 – good for reading a book – to soaring heights of 5,000 lumens.
- Beam distance - this is basically how far the light can shine before the brightness declines to the equivalent of the light from a full moon. Full moon lighting is considered sufficient careful travel outdoors. Beam distance is measured in metres and it will vary with the selected brightness setting.
- Runtime - this is how long it takes the light output to fall to 10 percent of the rated output on the batteries, rounded to the nearest 1/4 hour. Light output will usually diminish over time, or remain constant for larger part then suddenly decrease. Some models come with a runtime graph and this provides the best illustration of the light’s performance over time. Runtime is measured in hours and is usually given for each light setting.
- Impact resistance - flashlights are usually tested by dropping them six times onto concrete at a rated distance to determine if the light will remain functional after accidental drops. It is also measured in meters. Note that this test does not determine the resistance of the light if run over by a car, striking other objects or being struck with another heavy object.
- Water-resistance - it is rated using the IPX system. It is an important consideration if you are going to use the light in wet conditions or around water bodies. For instance, a light with IPX4 rating means is it splash resistant from all angles. IPX7 means the light can undergo temporary immersion in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1m. IPX8 implies the light can be submerged for up to 4 hours at a specific depth.
- Durability - this is important since you will want to use the torch for various outdoor purposes and some can get a little rough. As such, flashlights should be made of solid metal alloy and have a tough cover to prevent scratches. All the other components should be of high quality with anti-abrasion properties.
- Battery requirements - it is good to know the kind of power that the light you want to buy uses. Are they rechargeable or replaceable? This is entirely a personal preference and both have their own good and bad. Most flashlights are powered by 18650 batteries which are fully rechargeable. Some even come with these batteries. Others have a non-rechargeable alternative for AAA batteries which you can make use of with an adapter and some models come with it too.
- Extra accessories - some flashlights come in kits that comprise additional accessories that you may be useful for your LED flashlight. It is not a very important but when available, it increases the convenience of using your light. These include flashlight batteries, chargers, USB cable, battery adapters, and carry cases.
- Warranty - most basic flashlights have warranties from 1 to 5 years. The high-grade flashlights are often covered with a lifetime warranty from manufacturers.
Important flashlight features
- Light modes - a single light mode is adequate for general purpose. However, you will find models that offer two or more light modes such as high, medium, and low. You will usually use more than one mode but having the option to throw a strong beam when needed is a plus. Remember the highest mode, usually the brightest, will give the shortest runtime. So it’s also good that you have the option of setting low brightness to increase runtime. Other models may have special modes such a strobe and SOS feature.
- Beam type - they come in flood and spot beams. The flood beam is good for close visibility while the spot beam is ideal for long-distance visibility.
- Controls - the style of on/off and mode switches is a priority for some people. Most models have either sliders or push buttons which are typically thumb operated.
- Size and weight - flashlights come in different lengths and build and choosing which is which is again, a personal preference. There are torches as small as 4 inches long while some full-sized security flashlights are longer than 10 inches.
Our Final Conclusion
It is evident that a flashlight is an extremely useful tool for many applications. Whether you plan to fish to at night, camp, work at a site or whatever night venture you have, a flashlight can be life changing. No one can deny the confidence a torch brings whenever you are caught up in the dark world.
By choosing a LED torch that meets your requirements in terms of brightness, runtime, range, durability and features, you will be making a modest and useful investment for forthcoming activities. We trust this guide and reviews will help you to settle on the best LED torch.
Our website supports our amazing readers with countless hours of research and testing to help you find the best product so you don't regret making a purchase. You support us through our independently chosen links, which earn us a small commission and cost you nothing but helps support our research.
Last Updated on