Our site is reader supported, this means we may earn a small commission when you buy through links on our site.
Top 8 Best Belt Sanders – Reviews & Detailed Comparisons
Last Updated on
Best Belt Sander Reviews
A belt sander is a term relating to a number of electrical sanders used in DIY or professional applications. Belt sanders are usually characterized by a constantly moving sanding surface mounted on a belt. Usually powered by electricity, belt sanders rely on the continuous motion of the sandpaper belt to sand down large surfaces. If you want to sand a large surface quickly, a belt sander is an invaluable tool.
These tools come in a variety of sizes and shapes for different tasks. By matching the requirements of a project with the right type of sander, you can maximise your efficiency and get the job completed real quick.
After our in depth research we came to the conclusion that the 'Bosch PBS 751 Belt Sander' was the best choice for most people. Its a very versatile model capable of tackling even the most tough jobs and best of all it comes at a very affordable price and a 3 year warranty.
Belt Sander Buyer's Guide
Types of Belt Sanders
Belt sanders come in two classifications as outlines below:
- In-line belt sanders - They are characterized by a low profile design with a boxlike housing which has a low centre of gravity. This means that the sander is less likely to tip regardless of where you are removing scratches and nicks or flattening surfaces.
On this type of sanding belt, the motor is positioned parallel to the length of the sanding belt. It includes as well a vertical gear drive cuts down motor speed and power is fed to the drive roller via a sander belt. Regardless of motor orientation, many belt sanders use a front roller made of metal and a rubber drive roller that ensures the belt does not slip off the material.
This belt sander has a flat top meaning you can use it upside down on a workbench as a compact stationary sander. The design is also confined to the small, portable and mid-range duty tools.
- Transverse belt sander - On a transverse sander, the motor is positioned horizontally over the belt and across the width of the tool. This design delivers more power via a simple toothed drive belt. It includes reduction gears located right behind the drive gear and they are useful for reducing the speed to an appropriate speed to drive the belt.
There is a fan behind the motor which creates a strong current of air that conveys dust from the tool to the dust bag. It also includes a belt tensioning mechanism and tracking knob that keep the belt sturdily aligned on rollers.
A lock button keeps the tool locked during continuous use. Generally, transverse belt sanders are comparatively easier to handle than in-line belt sanders. Since the motor is placed perpendicular to the belt, these belt sanders are quite heavy but they sand more aggressively.
Picking the right belt sander
The following are the features you should look for before you buy a belt sander:
- Weight and Power - You surely won’t need an earth-shaking power for most of those sanding tasks so power might not be a top priority. Of course, additional power for the same price is always a good thing to have so it pays to compare motor wattage from one sander to another.
Most belt sanders are usually used in horizontal position so weight may not be a serious factor. But, if you are involved in a great amount of home works and might need to use a belt sander vertically or overhead, then consider the weight of the machine. A belt sander that weighs 3kg or less will be easier on the arm when used vertically than a machine that weighs anywhere from 7kg upwards.
- Size and shape - There are several sizes of belt sanders available but the two common sizes are 3” x 21” and 4” x 24”. The latter is used for heavy duty sanding and may be too difficult to control for amateurs while the former gives the best combination of power, speed and balance.
Keep in mind that belt sanders are differentiated by the size of the sanding belts they use in terms of the length and width of the belt. A larger belt size takes less time to finish the work compared to a smaller size yet it is characterized by a heavy tool.
Pick a larger model if you are after an industrial grade belt sanding tool. If you intend to use the belt sander for a wide range of applications and especially for free-hand work, choose one of the smaller models. In any case, this is a personal preference.
- Adjustable speed - Conventional sanders had only a single speed of operation. Most modern belt sanders have variable speed which commonly range from 200m/min and 500m/min. Some sophisticated models have two distinct speeds of sanding while others feature a speed dialer that lets you choose any speed in between.
Going for a variable speed belt sander is a wise decision if you plan to use it for a wide range of applications. The speed that might work well on hardwood could be very rough and coarse on softwood.
Assess your requirement and pick a variable speed sander if it does not prove too costly for you. But if you are on a tight budget, a one speed model will just do pretty fine for most jobs. With a single speed model, you can change the sanding belt to a finer grit belt so as to control its aggression. Talking of changing belts leads us to our next consideration.
- Belt changing - The best belt sander should allow you to change belts easily and quickly. All you have to do is ease the tension off it and push it back in the groove to tighten the belt up again.
Upon putting the new belt on, ensure you track it. Some advanced models have auto tracking while others include an adjustable knob that you can turn until the belt sits at the centre of the metal plate that supports the between the rollers. This kind of manual tracking is actually easy.
- Dust collection - Most advanced belt sanders are fitted with a dust collector in the form of an attached dust bag. It is a feature with great benefit and in any case it adds very little to the total cost of the machine.
Ensure that the dust collector is large enough so you don’t have to stop your work for a trip to empty the bin when it gets full. Some tools allow you to take out the bag and attach it back while others allow you to get rid of the dust bag and connect a vacuum hose to it.
- Handling and comfort - Never overlook comfort when it comes to hand-operated power tools. You might have to work with your sander for extended periods of time so making sure it gives you maximum comfort is important. It is usually subjective depending on the shape and size of your hands and the type of handle you are used to.
For instance, woodworkers with broad hands like large, flat, front handles as opposed to rounded knobs since they offer extra grip and better control. Others find the top-handle sanders easier to lift on and off the surface and easy to move around single handedly.
Apart from the handles, be sure to check on the switches and knobs in particular. Some tools have handles that can adjust in various ways or even detached to penetrate into tight work spaces.
TOP 8 BELT SANDER REVIEWS
Bosch PBS 75 A Belt Sander Review
**OUR BEST PICK**
- Fitted with the Bosch microfilter system for efficient built-in extraction of dust.
- Features an automatic belt tensioning system for quick and easy changing of the belt.
- Compact designed for improved manageability and handling of the tool.
- Belt is auto held in the right work position while sanding so it requires no manual alignment.
- Equipped with the Bosch Low Vibration system.
- 3 Year warranty for extra peace of mind.
The Bosch PBS 75 A Belt Sander is the perfect power tool for those coarse sanding jobs that demand high material removal rate on immense surfaces. Sanding large surfaces such as table-tops, large wooden pieces and even wooden floors doesn’t get any easier than using this power tool.
As a sander, working dust free is a top priority. The advantage of the PBS 75 A is that it integrates Bosch microfilter system which delivers maximum dust collection, saving you a lot of clean-up time after a hectic day of DIY-ing.
Talking of its power, the PBS 75 A comes with a 710W motor making it one of the most powerful sanders in the DIY range. This motor has a high removal rate and that’s why it is ideal for sanding large surfaces.
It is also a pretty versatile machine as it can be positioned on its side or even upside down as a stationary tool. In addition, the belt doesn’t require manual alignment as it is auto held in the right working position.
Another thing with this tool is the precision and control it gives over your projects, thanks to the integrated Bosch Low Vibration system which as well makes it easy to use.
It also features Bosch Electronic technology which makes the process quite practical. It includes an accelerator function which allows adjustable speed setting for optimum adaptation to the surface. This results to a smooth, even and professional finish.
Easy handling and managing a power tool is of great benefit and the PBS 75 A is compactly designed for ease of use.
- The dust bag replacement is awful and quite small so it fills up pretty fast.
- The instructions are not straightforward, for instance, they don’t tell the direction to which the screw should turn when making adjustments but not a problem once you have worked it out.
Would we recommend - With the Bosch PBS 75 A Belt Sander, we are right to say that DIY jobs have met their match. The tool sands on various surfaces especially large ones due to the powerful 710W motor and very fast sanding action.
We like the compact design of this tool which makes it easy to handle and manage while sanding. The versatility if offers is also a big plus in terms of tool positioning and sanding speeds.
The Bosch microfilter is a great feature for dust extraction but it could have been better with a large reservoir. The instructions are also not clear on the functions of some components of this tool.
The manufacturer says it can be used for stationery work but you will have to buy additional accessories for this.
All in all, this is a good quality belt sander with the essential features for DIY jobs and comes with one of the best warranty periods at 3 years. Overall a very impressive sander which is why we named it our 'Best Pick', we also noticed at the time of our review it was the best selling belt sander on Amazon.co,uk with over 100 reviews which further confirms the confidence people have in this product.
BLACK+DECKER KA86 Belt Sander Review
**BEST BUDGET SANDER**
- Ideal for sanding floor boards, decking and other large areas that require high stock removal.
- It has automatic belt tracking to keep the sanding belt in correct position.
- Includes a dust extraction bag for a clean working environment.
- It has an angled belt design which allows to sand 2 times closer to the edge of adjoining surfaces.
- Integrates a lever action belt change mechanism for quick and simple accessory changing.
- 2 Year warranty for extra peace of mind.
Black and Decker is a famous household corporation with the mission to make work easier and such is the caliber of the BLACK+DECKER KA86 Belt Sander. It is an innovative and properly designed heavy duty tool with a powerful 720W motor. This makes it ideal for sanding large surfaces such as floor boards, decking and finishing other works that require greater stock removal.
The belt sander features an angled belt design which enables you to sand 2 times closer to edge of the two adjoining areas for instance a floor and wall. This leaves a finer and superior finish compared to the conventional belt sander.
Another great feature of this tool is the automatic belt tracking. This helps to keep the belt in the right alignment while working on those crucial sanding tasks. So, there is no worrying about the belt running off the rollers or you having to adjust it now and then; you will only concentrate on sanding while the unit does its job.
This belt sander is robust and aggressive in nature and that means the belt must be replaced on a frequent basis. As such, this heavy duty power tool integrates a quick change lever mechanism to guarantee fast and easy changing of the belt. And every time you fit a new sanding belt, the auto belt tracking mechanism ensures that the belts aligns true.
We all know that power tools that are comfortable to handle are the best. Such is the quality of the KA86 Belt Sander thanks to its ergonomic design. There is the main handle on the back which basically enables you to use the tool, and a supportive handle on the front that gives you more control over the sanding material.
A belt sander is pretty aggressive and can produce a lot of dust. On that regard, this model comes with a dust bag which collects the sanding dust thus ensuring that you operate in a clean environment. Even so, sanding can only be fun when you are less worried about dust getting into your eyes, nose, ears, and everywhere. We recommend using a dusk mask when sanding no matter how good the dust collect system is.
- The quality of this tool is questionable as there are complaints on its lifespan but it is a budget model.
- One speed only (not variable)
Would we recommend - The BLACK+DECK??ER KA86 Belt Sander comes from a reputable manufacturer stacked with all the features you will want in a belt sander. Talk of the powerful 720W, the automatic belt tracking mechanism, quick belt changing, and easy handling. The angled design is also a great attribute for reaching closer to adjoining surfaces. You will just love this package if your a home user.
As good as that sounds, unfortunately how long it will last is a major issue. So we find it ideal for mid-range jobs as opposed to the advertised heavy duty tasks. We think it will execute mid-range tasks perfectly.
If you are looking for great features in a belt sander, the BLACK+DECKER KA86 Belt Sander is an excellent option. Its also one of the most affordable options and comes with a 2 year warranty which is more than adequate for home use.
Silverline 247820 Silverstorm Power Belt File Review
**BEST SANDER FOR HARD TO REACH PLACES**
- Features a quick tensioning system which enables quick and easy belt changing.
- Ideal for intricate sanding of a wide range of materials in hard to reach areas.
- Pretty lightweight belt file weighing just 1.15kg.
- It has variable speed control via an easily accessible dial.
- It includes a tensioning/release screw which tightens or loosens the belt for improved performance.
- It has a dust extraction port for effective removal of dust and debris.
The Silverline 247820 Silverstorm Power Belt File with a unique file-like design and complete with the desirable features you want in a belt sander. Its design is perfect for descaling, shaping mortises and joints, sanding and polishing of welds, and sanding jobs in difficult corners and hard-to-reach areas.
It has a file arm measuring 130mm long with a maximum belt speed of 550m/min and it can adjust to the required angle making it unique in this respect. This compact belt sander can be used on wood, metal and plastics making it a very versatile tool.
The tool has a variable speed control dial that allows you to select and change the speed of belt spinning so as to achieve a particular rate of removal and finish. Of course, that depends on the material at stake and the job you are working on.
There is a tensioning/release screw at the base of the file arm which is useful for tightening or loosening the belt to improve performance. It also makes belt removal and changing easy.
Featuring a dust extraction port, dust extraction is possible whilst you are working. There is an adaptor on the side of the belt sander where you can connect your method of suction to extract dust.
When it comes to the motor, the Silverline 247820 comes with an in-line motor unlike the more unstable side-positioned motor, and it is able to power 260W. It is also a pretty lightweight machine weighing only 1.15kg compared to the other belt sander designs.
Worth mentioning is that this tool is supplied with 2 sanding belts; 80 grit and 120 grit belts, so you can get to work immediately. It is also compatible with 13x457mm sanding belts of varying grit.
- Not suitable for heavy work, more of a hobbyist tool.
Would we recommend - This electric belt sander Is surprisingly good. The slim design is great, easy to hold and easy to access tight corners. The fact that it works on wood, metal and plastic make it a pretty versatile tool.
As compact as it is, it has the good features of a belt sander including variable speeds, dust extraction port, tensioning/release function and a relatively powerful motor. The light weight of this tool is also a really good thing as it makes it easy to use in more awkward situations.
However, the Silverline 247820 Silverstorm Power Belt works a bit slow. For that reason, we find it ideal for finishing tasks as opposed to removing much material. This can be a great addition to a belt sander for delivering those smooth, fine finishes.
It is also pretty cheap at under £30 making it the cheapest to make it onto our list. Overall we highly recommend the Silverline 247820 Silverstorm Power Belt for home tasks and lighter work but for more heavy duty work it will disappoint. However at under £30 I don't think we could ask for more.
Einhell EINRTBS75 240V Belt Sander Review
- Fitted with a powerful 850W motor to handle heavy jobs.
- It has a variable belt speed for selecting specific removal rate
- It has an adjustable second handle which gives more control over the material
- Includes a dust extraction adaptor and dust bag for ensuring a clean work environment.
- Quick and easy belt change.
- 2 Year warranty for full peace of mind.
Equipped with a powerful 850W motor, the Einhell EINRTBS75 240V Belt Sander is one of the powerful sanding power. This means it can work on those heavy duty tasks easily with speeds of up 400m/min. The belt speed itself is variable which allows you to select the ideal removal rate depending on the material you are working on and the desired results.
This model can be handled with ease thanks to the well-built handles which allow you to move it freely over any surface. The second handle is specially designed to be adjustable so you have more control on directing the tool and the kind of sanding you can deliver. The handles have a soft-grip finish so they are not only firm on hold but also comfortable in the hand.
Working dust free is important to the work surrounding as well as your well-being. So, this model comes with a dust extraction adaptor and dust bag for collecting the sanding dust whilst you work.
This corded electric belt sander has 3m long cable which allows you to work to a considerable length from the power outlet. There is also a cable clip that you can use to keep the cable in a secure position when necessary.
The sanding belt in this tool is easy to remove and replace. Also note that it uses belt size 75x533mm. There is also a folding front cover which you will find useful for sanding under objects such as the edge of tables without having to use it upside down.
- There are a small number of reports of the motor burning out which should be covered by the 2 year warranty if it has not been abused.
Would we recommend - This is a very powerful belt sander thanks to the 850W motor a gives a fantastic finish finish
We like the variable belt speed, the ease of control, quick and easy belt change, and the dust extraction ability.
Although with a powerful motor, we recommend the Einhell EINRTBS75 240V Belt Sander for light jobs. Overall, it is a cheap model, well designed, stacked with great features and all for a very reasonable price with 2 years warranty.
Makita 240V 4-inch/100mm Super Duty Belt Sander Review
**BEST FOR TRADESMEN & HEAVY DUTY TASKS**
- ?Perfect for heavy duty work, robust very reliable machine.
- It comparatively quiet at only 84db making it ones of the quietest models in its class.
- Features a soft start for easy start up.
- It has a 4 x 24 inche belt which can reach speeds of 500m/min with ease.
- Includes a dust bag for collecting waste and keeping the area dust free.
- Ergonomically designed and well balanced for maximum operator comfort.
When it comes to power tools, Makita is one of the best brands as evidenced by the Makita 240V Super Duty Belt Sander. This is a super powerful model fitted with a very powerful 1200W motor that enables it to do flush sanding on walls and other vertical surfaces as well as sanding floors, table tops and other larger surfaces..
It boasts a wide belt (4x24 inches) which removes materials effortlessly and ensures a high production rate throughout. For a tool with such power you would imagine that it is noisy yet the Makita Super Duty Belt Sander is fairly quiet for a machine of such power and size producing only 84 decibels.
Talking of its construction, the tool has a robust design that covers its motor and other internal components from blockage and contamination from dust. The dust is collected in the supplied dust bag thus ensuring a clean working environment. In addition, the dust bag has a double insulation and it can swivel 360 degrees.
A soft start dial is available for easy start up and there is a lever control for easy removal and changing of the sanding belt.
It’s ergonomically designed featuring a large front grip for easy handling while ensuring maximum comfort. At 7kgs, this Makita Belt Sander is a bit on the heavy side. The product also comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It is expensive compared to other belt sanders and quite heavy, however its designed to last for many years and is a heavy duty model which equal extra weight.
Would we recommend - The Makita 240V 4-inch/100mm Super Duty Belt Sander is a beast when it comes to power boosting a 1200W motor. This makes it ideal for sanding large surfaces thanks to its extended base. Its wide belt additionally makes it perfect for removing materials quickly.
The soft start dial is a great addition keeping in mind that it is a rare feature to find in most other models. We like the quiet operation of this unit and the robust design. Nonetheless, we find it a bit heavy and very expensive.
This model is an excellent pick if you are looking for a powerful belt sander and especially if you are targeting those large surfaces. But, you have to splash in excess of £200 to get one making it more suitable for trade use or those looking for the very best and willing to pay the extra. A fantastic model that never misses and beat and will be still going strong in years to come.
CLARKE CS4-6D WOODWORK CARPENTERS 4" x 6" BELT DISC AND SANDER Review
BEST CHOICE FOR WORKSHOP
- ?The perfect choice for any workshop.
- It comes with a removable sanding table for use with either sanding belt or disc for added convenience.
- Incorporates all important safety features including finger guard on belt, complete disc guarding and locking on/off switch.
- Features a robust cast iron construction for rigidity and longevity.
- It has a dust extraction port for getting rid of dust.
- The belt tilts and locks at any angle from 0 to 90 degrees.
- 1 year warranty extra peace of mind.
Supplied with a removable sanding table, the CLARKE CS4-6D Woodwork Belt and Sander can work with either a sanding belt or disc. The belt sander is the most useful in our opinion, allowing you to quickly switch it on and sand down wood and most plastics. The disc sander is a bit small but it is handy for sanding right angles against the wall.
The sanding belt features tilt and lock functions for use with various sanding applications at any angle between 0 and 90 degrees. With its 370W motor, this tool leaves smooth finishes on wood.
The safety features on this tool also give enough reason why the CLARKE CS4-6D is a great tool. They include a finger guard on belt, full disc guarding and locking on/off switch.
Speaking of the design, it features a robust cast iron construction which not only guarantees its toughness but as well ensures it lasts for many years to come. There is a dust extraction port which helps in getting rid of waste by connecting to a suction or dust extraction system.
- The dust extraction port is quite big, about 3 inches so you might need to hook it up to a stepped down 4 inch dust extraction or a stepped up 2 inch vacuum setup.
Would we recommend - The CLARKE CS4-6D WOODWORK CARPENTERS 4" x 6" BELT DISC AND SANDER is a compact machine that comes with some distinct features. For instance, the ability to use it with a disc or a sanding belt is quite unique, making it ideal for sanding right angles against a fence. The safety features are great and dust extraction is possible using an external suction. It also has a good design and is sturdily built for years of use.
If you can properly fix the dust extraction, the CLARKE CS4-6D WOODWORK CARPENTERS 4" x 6" BELT DISC AND SANDER is a tool that will deliver fine finishes on tight corners for a long time.
Overall a great? setup for anyone with a little workshop or DIY enthusiast.
Evolution Multi-Purpose Mini Belt Sander Review
**BEST COMPACT SANDER**
- Designed to fit neatly in the palm of your hand for easy one-handed operation.
- It comes with a 280W motor that spins the supplied sanding belt at 380m/min.
- Supplied with 3 sanding belts and a dust bag.
- It comes with a fantastic 2-year warranty for quality assurance.
- Adjustable belt tracking enables the sanding belt to be easily re-centred
The Evolution Multi-Purpose Mini Belt Sander is a compact tool designed to fit perfectly in the palm for easy single-handed use. This tool is ideal for quick removal and smoothing of a wide range of materials including wood and plastics. It has a soft-grip area for improved user comfort and the compact dimensions means that it can easily sneak and fit into any tool box.
Despite its smaller dimensions, this belt sander is full of power, with a 280W motor that spins the sanding belt at 380m/min. This tool is supplied with 3 sanding belts so you can get to work right away and replacing them is also easy. They come in a range of grades ideal for wood and plastics. The belt size for this tool is 40x303mm. The coarser paper grades especially remove unwanted material quickly and easily. Furthermore, the adjustable belt tracking allows the sanding belt to be easily re-centred.
The bearings and components of the Evolution Multi-Purpose Mini Belt Sander are dust sealed to maximise the life of the tool. A dust bag is also available for collecting the sanding waste.
This product comes with a 2-year warranty which overshadows most of the products in our lineup and many other available tools. Note that the warranty applies to UK customers so overseas customers would not benefit from this.
- It gets very hot when used for extended periods so wearing gloves may be a good idea.
Would we recommend - This is a top quality belt sander that is sure to last through several sanding tasks. The 2-year warranty is enough evidence on what you can expect from the tool. Supplied with three belts along with a dust bag, the Evolution Multi-Purpose Mini Belt Sander is ready to use straight out of the box so a good start there.
We like the lightweight and compact design of this tool especially the fact that you can use it with one hand. The way it is constructed to cover the internal bearings and components is also an attractive attribute.
On the bad side, this tool produces a lot of heat when used for long periods of time so you will have to keen on it. Otherwise, it is a great pick if you are looking for a lightweight, portable and ergonomic belt sander for them small awkward areas a larger sanding cannot do..
MAKITA 9911 75mm Belt Sander Review
- Features an auto tracking system meaning the belt requires no adjustment after mounting.
- It has a compact and unique design for flush sanding to a range of surfaces.
- Lightweight and properly balanced for smooth operation.
- It comes with electronic power control and variable speed trigger.
- Quiet operation – the tool has low noise level at only 82 decibels.
- It comes with efficient dust collection system for clean and tidy working environment
This is another compact belt sander from Makita designed for flush sanding to a range of surfaces. The MAKITA 9911 75mm Belt Sander is armed with a 650W motor which is relatively powerful for tackling different woodworking jobs efficiently.
The electronic speed control is a standout feature of this model and it allows the tool to maintain a constant speed under the load. Based on the amount of application, the speed can be adjusted to match it. This also helps in preventing the tool from overheating especially if it is to be used for many hours.
Everyone wants a tool that operates quietly and noise is a common complaint with most belt sanders. The case of the MAKITA 9911 75mm Belt Sander is different as it only produces low sound. At only 82dB, this sander is probably the quietest model we have reviewed.
When it comes to comfort of use, this sander still stands out due to its front grip design meaning anyone can use it comfortably when working. In addition, the auto-tracking belt system also ensures convenient belt adjustment. Some belt sanders are a hassle because you have to keep checking and adjusting the sanding belt whilst working but that’s not the case with the MAKITA 9911.
For that clean environment that most people want, the tool includes a large dust bag which collects a lot of sawdust and other sanding waste. The bag can also be removed, emptied and easily attached back to the extraction port.
- No real problems to report with this model which is nice to hear.
Would we recommend - The MAKITA 9911 75mm Belt Sander is a compact tool that is ideal for sanding a range of surfaces. The best feature of this tool is the low noise operation which really beats most other belt sanders while still being incredibly effect at sanding down surfaces.
The electronic power control and the adjustable speed is great for delivering optimum results when working on a variety of materials. It is also very comfortable to handle because of its front grip design.
Overall the MAKITA 9911 is a top performance tool that comes at a fair price. This would be a good choice for anyone looking for a smaller belt sander and at just under £100 it probably on the more expensive side for DIY enthusiast, however professionals will probably find its a fairly cheap investment for such a good model.
Final thoughts and conclusion
Belt sanders are great tools for projects around the house or in commercial settings and workshops. They usually don’t vary to a large extent as compared to other power tools. Nonetheless, make certain to read belt sander reviews at least to get a gist of what to expect from your pick. More importantly, buy a good rated tool that you can afford so it will give you many years of service.
We hope our reviews have helped you choose the best belt sander and? here's a quick summary from our list:
Our Best Pick
All the products on our list are great in different ways. From our all-round comparison, the Bosch PBS 75 A Belt Sander is the best belt sander for most people.
It has all the features we talked about when picking the best belt sander. More importantly, it comes at a great price when compared to another high-rated product such as the Makita Super Duty Belt Sander.
The compact design and versatility of the Bosch PBS 75 A is also hard to beat. This model is worth every penny and comes with 2 years warranty making it an easy choice to make.
The best high-end model
Yes, you can find good belt sanders that come at a fair price. But, when you are looking for a more advanced model (obviously will be expensive) the Makita Super Duty Belt Sander is an excellent choice.
It has all the good features like the Bosch PBS 75 A Belt Sander but it’s like three times more expensive than our best pick. If money is not a problem, we highly recommend you go for it to get the extra performance performance needed for heavy duty daily tasks.
Our best versatile belt sander
Versatility is a good thing when working with any power tool. From our list, we picked the CLARKE CS4-6D BELT DISC AND SANDER as the most versatile model. Obviously, it is because it can work as an orbit sander with the integrated disc or as a normal belt sanding machine horizontally or vertically.
It is supplied with a removable sanding table to enhance both functionalities.
A great model for any workshop.
So there you have it. We trust you have a grasp of what makes the best belt sander and you have the confidence to handle any DIY sanding projects. Everything will flow smoothly since you know how to select the proper belt sander for any job at hand. In the long run, all you want a flawless finish that you will admire for many years to come.